Thrice

To love is to fear
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been eight and a half months since Aemma and Aemond's wedding, the day Aemma and Aemond told the queen and king was a day to remember. The queen was furious, though the king laughed.

"Young love, King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne had done the same thing, Alicent." Viserys had told the queen, no consequences were ever faced, the couple were more in love now than ever, Helaena was more than happy for the loving couple, Maelor was growing to be a healthy babe as were his siblings, only three years of age at the time. Aemma is with child, concieved on her wedding night the maester assured her. Aemma refused to be bedridden, she only had a month left, when the babe come so would her family, Aemma was in her and Aemond's chambers with Helaena and the babes writing a letter to her family.

"They do not tell you it is this hard to move." Aemma joked, she wore a long green dress the queen had mostly green dresses for the princess, yet Aemma knew no matter what color she wore her loyalty would always be with her family, her hair braided into two braids down either side of her head.

"Unlikely, the maesters' do not know what it is like to be with child, Em, they make guesses." Aemma chuckled as she rubbed her belly, she had been thinking of names to name her babe.

"He or she will be King or Queen someday yet I can think of no name fit for the babe." Helaena looked up at her friend, she sat on the floor playing with Maelor.

"You will know once you see him."

"It is a him?" Aemma smirked down at her friend, Helaena was excited for the babe to enter the world.

"Thrice the fire." Helaena whispered, "There has to be two in there, you are bigger than I was with mine." Aemma rubbed her belly as a pain stabbed through abdomen, Aemma leaned forward in pain holding her belly

"Has this been happening a lot?" Helaena placed a hand on Aemma's back rubbing it, "breathe." Aemma let out a deep breath as the pain subsided, she nodded her head yes to Helaena's question.

"You need the maester." Helaena stood up to get help, Aemma grabbed her wrist pulling her back, Aemma shook her head not wanting the maester.

"No-no I-I think I just need to lie down." Helaena did not feel comfortable leaving her friend, Aemma looked drained, bags under her eyes from lack of sleep, she looked sickly, the babe taking every ounce of nutrients from her thin frame, now huge with a belly, it grew painful for Aemma to move, needing help with every step she took.

"Help the princess." Helaena alerted the maidens in Aemma's chamber's, they wasted no time in reaching for the princess's arms helping her to her feet, Aemma cried out as pain raced through her body, water fell to the floor below the princess. Aemma's knees locked below her and Aemma let out an ear piercing scream. "The babe is coming!" Helaena yelled out, a maiden took all three of Helaena's children away, the maidens helped Aemma to the bed, water constantly pouring out of her.

"My-My family. Laena, get my family." Aemma breathed out, Helaena wasted no time in rushing out the room to find Aemond and send word to Dragon Stone, a bad feeling shot through Helaena as Aemma's screams rang out through the hallway behind her. The queen was in the hallway, Helaena ran slap into her.

"Helaena. What is it, child?' Alicent asked very concerned, Helaena's face shown all her worry and fear.

"The child is coming, Aemma has begun her labors." Helaena breathed out, out of breath from running down two sets of stairs.

"She is not due for another turn of the moon." Alicent now too had worry on her face, "I shall write immediately to the Princess Rhaenyra to come home." Alicent wasted no time rushing away to write to her former friend of the Princess Aemma's condition, Helaena did not stop, she continued her way to the training yard determined to find her brother. Aemond was clashing his word against Ser Criston's when Helaena rushed in the yard causing the two to stop, it was early in the day, only Ser Criston and Aemond was present.