The Love That Binds Us

The mended pieces of a broken heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two girls had spent the evening with one another inducing visions to of the past and future to aid the two in stopping the end of the Targaryen dynasty. Aemma had seen many things, different paths all depending on this one night, the events to come would mark the future in stone.

"Destiny awaits." Helaena tied the lace on the back of the dress, Aemma had a hand resting on her pregnant belly, her hair done with two braids on either side of her head and two small black dragon pins at the end of each braid.

"Dinner must be starting." Aemma mumbled as she laced her arm through Helaena's, the two young women walked towards the door ready for the night that would determine the rest of their lives. Helaena wore a black dress, that would surely shock everyone, both girls wearing the other sides colors, they wished to prove their was no sides, they are one family.

"No matter what the future holds, we stick together." Helaena whispered as the door to the dinner hall opened revealing the two best friends, all eyes locked on the girls as they entered the room, the king was finishing a speech with his mask off.

"Princess Helaena, Princess Aemma, good of you to join us." The queen spoke softly, her eyes locked on the dresses the girls chose to wear, Rhaenyra looked as if she had seen a ghost, only her daughter wearing the dress leading to the end of her and Alicent's friendship.

"I apologize for the delay, I could not decide on what to wear." Aemma's voice was loud and clear to be heard across the table as her arm unlinked with Helaena's, taking their seats next to one another. Helaena beside Aegon and Aemma beside Aemond. Rhaenyra stands from her seat with her glass in hand, all eyes on her, maybe it was the King's words or seeing her daughter and the Princess Helaena or maybe it was the choice of dress Aemma had chosen that compelled her speech.

"I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, The Queen." Alicent's eyes found their way her former friend, Rhaenyra looking down with love as she once had, "I love my father, but I must admit that no one has stood...more loyally by his side than his good wife. She has tended to him with...unfailing devotion, love, and honor. And for that, she has my gratitude...and my apology." Feeling Alicent had long buried begun to rise inside her, her eyes showing every emotion she felt for the princess, Rhaenyra took her seat beside her father and husband.

"Your graciousness moves me deeply me deeply, Princess. We are both mothers...and we love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow." Alicent stood in her seat, love filling her heart once more with every fawning look Rhaenyra had given her in the short time that night. "I raise my cup to you and to your house. You will make a fine queen." Alicent declared for all to hear, the words gladdened the hearts of both Helaena and Aemma feeling they were on the right path to fixing the bond between the two childhood friends. A smile spread across the face of Rhaenyra as she looked down, her heart feeling full. Aegon stood from his seat grabbing wine from between Baela and Jacaerys.

"I...I regret the disappointment you are soon to suffer. But if you ever wish to know what it is to be well satisfied, all you have to do is ask." Jacaerys stood up from his seat, hands on the table anger coursing through his body.

"Jace." Baela whispered as Aegon took his seat, Aemma knew this dinner would not end well, the feeling she had would not shake. They needed to do more, all the bonds needed to be fixed, mission impossible had already begun.

"To Prince Aemond and Prince Aegon. We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth. and as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles." Jace placed a hand on Aegon's shoulder, the tension in the room was so thick you could smell it, feel it with every movement.