A Mother's cry

It's hard to hate someone you've spent so long loving

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mother." Helaena's voice echoed through the room of the dowager Queen's apartment, Maelor had his little hand clutches in his mother's, Jaehaerys and Jaehaera ran ahead of their mother.

In a matter of seconds, Queen Helaena's guards were dead and the door barred, Maelor snatched up from her grasp.

"Scream and you all die." The assassin with the name blood told the queen, Helaena kept her cool, not showing fear.

"Who are you?" Helaena had asked, eyeing her son grasp in the man's arms, the queen had not noticed her mother bound and tied up in a chair, made to watch.

"Debt collectors." The assassin named Cheese, Helaena was confused further, she had planned to leave the Red Keep that very night fleeing with her children on dragon back to Dragon Stone. "An eye for an eye, a son for a son. We only want the one, t'square things. Won't hurt the rest o' you fine folks, not one lil hair. Which one you want t'lose, Your Grace?"

"This is a mistake. The Queen Rhaenyra would never order the murder of my child." Helaena tried to reason, Blood would have none of it.

"The Queen requires vengeance, a son." Helaena knew it was Aegon whom was to be killed.

"The King." Was all Helaena offered.

"A king is not a son."

"Kill me." Helaena felt a tear roll down her cheek, "kill me instead leave my children be I beg you." Cheese shook his head, he was growing impatient.

"A wife's not a son. It has to be a boy." Blood's voice was cruel and bitter. The queen shook her head unable to decide.

"Blood is boring fast, do you want him to fuck your little girl? Make the choice." Cheese warned the Queen, Helaena was now on her knees tears free falling.

"Pick. Or we kill them all."

"Maelor." Helaena whispered, tears falling fast, pain sulking in her heart.

"You hear that, little boy?" Cheese whispered to the small child in his arms, Jaehaerys and Jaehaera stood near their mother holding hands. "Your momma wants you dead." Cheese gave Blood a wicked grin, Blood swiped his blade, taking off Prince Jaehaerys head with a single blow. His dead body hit the floor, blood spewing over Helaena. The queen began to scream as she stared at her dead son's headless body.

Princess Aemma awoke sweating, she was in her chambers at Harrenhal, the dream had startled her, worry filling her. The sun had barely begun to rise in the sky, Aemma pulled herself from the bed and decided she would dress for the day. Helaena would be arriving back on Dragon Stone in the next few days and all worry would fade.

A knock on the door would change everything for Aemma, life as she knew it would never be the same.

"Enter." Daemon entered the room with a look of regret plastered on his face.

"What is it?" Aemma knew something was wrong, "what has happened?" Aemma was on her feet, worried.

"Have a seat. I have something to tell you." Aemma shook her head, she knew, it was her dream.

"No."

"I sent assassins to the Red Keep for Aegon. A son for a son. I stated in my letter." Aemma shook her head tears filling her eyes.

"No, it's not true."

"Prince Jaehaerys was killed." Aemma closed her eyes as the tears fell, she loved that boy as if he was her own, her own child's betrothed. Her best friend's child. Helaena. Her Helaena was hurting.