Goodbye's Are Not Forever

Until the very end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rhaenyra was braiding her daughter's hair for the coming ceremony, a tight bun braid with the rest of her hair hanging down her back, Rhaenyra pinned a dragon pin made of dragon glass Jace had made for her in her daughter's hair. Rhaenyra felt a tear roll down her face, she knew she would be this emotional, her daughter, her first babe was getting married, she would no longer be hers, but Prince Aemond's. Although, she had never had much for the greens, Aemond had received her approval at this moment for the love he bore her daughter.

"Don't tell me. You're crying." Aemma joked as she stood from her chair, facing her crying mother, Aemma wrapped her arms around her mother, whom she loved very much, her mother was one of the best people she had ever met. Always doing what she had to for her family, Rhaenyra Targaryen was more than just a princess, she was a mother, a wife, protector of her family's secrets and legacy. Aemma is the spitting image of her mother in every way, she was her mother, she was also Daemon, she knew no better parents than the two.

"My sweet girl, my only girl, my first child. The moment you were laid in my arms everything changed, nothing mattered quiet like you did and now...I have to give you away, you won't be mine any longer." Rhaenyra cried even worst at the realization, Aemma stood there holding her mother soaking in every moment like it would be their last.

"I will always be yours." Aemma pulled away staring in to her mother's teary eyes, "I am always on your side, your rights are mine as are your wrongs, you never have to question my loyalty, it is with you, mother, always." Aemma pressed her forehead to her mother's, Daemon stood in the doorway watching two of his favorite girls, the other two being Rhaena and Baela. Aemma was already in the very same dress Princess Rhaenyra wore at her wedding to Daemon Targaryen, Rhaenyra pulled back drying her tears glaring at her beautiful daughter.

"I want you to marry us." Aemma told her mother, "Daemon will walk me down the aisle, I want you to wed me." Rhaenyra smiled as she nodded her head, she went to say something, but was interrupted.

"It's time." Daemon told the mother and daughter, they both looked behind them at him, Rhaenyra nodded letting Aemma know it was alright, she would be alright. Aemma linked her arm with her father, Rhaenyra left the room going to be with the rest of their small family for the ritual, only Rhaenyra, Jace, Luke, Joffrey, Daemon, Rhaenys, Baela and Rhaena were to attend, the king and queen were left in the dark, they would later find out after the ceremony.

"I know you are my father." Aemma had known for a long time, though she called Daemon father no one had ever spoken the truth to her, Daemon was shocked at this, though he should not be. "I'm glad you're my father."  Before Daemon could respond the doors opened, it was time for the ceremony, Daemon and Aemma walked side by side out of the castle to the ceremony. The sun had set yet fires lit up all around creating the perfect light, you could see clearly, all the dragon's had gathered a short distance away as if watching the ceremony too. Rhaenyra stood behind Aemond, Aemond wore the same dress as her, his eye patch perfectly over his eye, Aemma felt lucky to be marrying the man she loved in front of no one except her family and their dragons, only person she was missing was Helaena.

"Is this what you want?" Daemon asked as they started down the aisle, Aemma nodded her head at her true father.

"It is." Aemond could not take his eyes off his bride, she was so beautiful, this is what he had always wanted, this is the start of their forever. The world seemed to go in slow motion for the couple, they stared longingly into each other's eyes never wanting this moment to end. Jace's heart felt full and empty at the same time, his sister, his other half was marrying a man she wanted to marry, and yet he was forever losing his sister, the greens had her now. The father and daughter collided with the end of the aisle, Daemon had not felt sad until now, the prince felt his grip tighten on his daughter while he should be giving her away, this caused Aemma to cut her eyes to Daemon. The pain was written in every fiber of his face only she could see, Aemma batted her eyes at her father before she whispered loud enough for only him to hear.