Betrayal

Aemma had hated dragon stone so much already, not because it was a terrible place,  she hated it because it didn't have the one thing she was missing, Helaena. Aemma had been sulking in her room for days until a few long days after their arrival, they had gotten the news of the death of The Lady Laena Velaryon, her aunt whom she's only met four times, she had always liked her aunt, didn't know her enough to care of her death.

Aemma felt for her two younger cousins and the loss of their mother, Aemma could imagine no world without her own lady mother. Aemma would get to see her uncle, Daemon again, for that she was grateful. Daemon always loved Aemma, he sent her presents and letters over the years always bringing a smile to her face. The arrival to Driftmark was as welcoming as can be, Princess Rhaenys her grandmother was there. Immediately she embraced Aemma in a warm hug.

"My sweet Aemma." She had called her, Aemma loved her grandmother Rhaenys, she was always nice to the child.
Everyone was standing outside after the funeral for Laena Velaryon. Aemma hugged her cousin Baela and Rhaena as Jace held Baela's hand.

"We are really sorry for your loss, cousins." Aemma spoke honestly sad for the two girls.

"Thank you, Princess." Baela said to Aemma, the girls have only met a few times and were not close, but felt more like family than ever.
Aemma took her leave as Princess Rhaenys came to hug the two girls, Aemma stared in to the fire beside her. She hadn't even noticed when Prince Aemond stood on the other side of the fire, he wanted so badly to reach for the girl, but decided against it. Aemma noticed when she felt someone lace their hand with hers, she immediately knew who it was and a smile broke out across the girls face, the smile Aemond had wished was for him.

"I've missed you." Helaena said leaning her head on Aemma's shoulder, Aemma leaned her head on top of Helaena's happy to be reunited with her best friend.

"And i you." Aemma was too caught up to notice Aegon had walked next to his brother.

"Gods. It's only been a few days and here they are hugged up." Aegon commented disgusted.

"They have never been apart for that long." Aemond tried to defend them from his brother.

"Helaena." Aegon scoffed, "it had to be her." Aegon was angry he had to marry his weird little sister, he'd much rather a woman, someone prettier, like Aemma.
"Aemma would make a much better wife, I might have to take two wives, they say Aegon the conqueror took one for duty and one for love, I can go for that." Aegon had made Aemond angry talking about marrying Aemma.

"Aemma would never marry you." Aemond tried to hide his anger from his brother, Aegon took a sip of win.

"She'd never marry you either." Aegon pointed out as his eyes followed a serving girl.

"I wouldn't dream of it." Aemond lied before walking in the other direction.

Aemma was already awake when someone slipped in her room, Aemma froze unable to see who was there.

"Aemma." Aemond's voice rang out, Aemma immediately calmed knowing her uncle meant no harm.

"What are you doing here?" Aemma asked him, Aemond had not thought this far, he only wanted to see her face once more before they departed.

"I need your help." Aemond started making up a lie and went with it.

"Help with what?" Aemma asked, already dressed, Aemond swallowed.