Chapter Twenty-One (part one)

ZODIAC

He glanced at Yin disinterestedly as she stormed out of the tent, able to hear her ask for permission. With a grunt, she zoomed back in and charged right at him. All he needed to do was move aside an inch and Yin collided with the shelf. She growled as she turned around and ran at him again. When was she going to learn that it was futile to fight him? Her fruitless attempts would only embarrass her further.

With a displeased sigh he went on his hands, his feet swept her off hers. And she simply fell after losing her balance. "Arghh! Stop acting like you're so untouchable!" Yin raged, recovering. That's when a dagger was thrown between them, piercing the tent wall.

Zodiac turned to see Father standing in the entrance, an irritated look on his face. "What are you two doing?" He hissed in his cold voice.

"Mother said I could!" Yin protested.

"Save your energy for the mission." He snarled. Yin was taken aback.

"You mean it isn't over yet?"

Ignoring her, Father turned to his son. "Zodiac," he growled. Zodiac snapped his attention to him, crossing his arms over his chest. "Don't taunt your sister."

Zodiac really wanted to disembowel him for telling him what to do. In fact, he could do that with ease. He could defeat anyone and everyone here. But he rolled his multi-colored eyes in response. "I saw that!" Yin shouted. To shut up his annoying ass sister, he tore the dagger from the tent wall and aimed it at her. Not anywhere fatal. Not yet.

She moved at the last minute, the blade only grazing her arm. She dragged her thumb across the bleeding scratch and licked it. "Looks like Mr. Perfect missed for a change." She smirked, blood staining her teeth.

As if he wanted to waste his time killing her.