✅Sleepover. 6

Beam blinked. "Huh?"

He shared a look with his three useless friends who all shot him the same blank looks. Shit! They didn't think of that! Now how do they enter without tickets?

And just like that, all the confidence he'd felt not moments ago exhausted. Now what?

The girl shooting them all knowing looks just sighed and looked down. "No tickets, no dance"

"I know you"

They all turned to a frowning Kao who stepped closer to the counter to look at the equally surprised girl. "I... I know you"

"You do?" the girl blinked, fixing her glasses to have a better look at the younger boy who nodded fast.

"I know, you spend your weekends doing extra credit algebra and your week days giving tuition to middle school kids to earn enough savings for college and you have been doing it for the past six years and now, in your final high school year, you're out here collecting tickets instead of being inside because you don't fit in with the rest of the kids who don't need to earn every penny they spend or worry about college fees like you do. And I know it all because you are smart and good at your job and you have a great future becoming a professional teacher because its thanks to you that some of your little students are so good at what they do and they would forever be thankful to you for seeing their potential the way no one saw yours and help them have confidence in themselves" Kao said in a low tone, his eyes full of so much admiration for the surprised girl. "It's thanks to you working so damn hard that I know it's not a crime being the smartest kid in the class and that I just need to like myself and not give a damn about anyone else, P'Lissa"

And to Beam and the guys' astonishment, the girl smiled brightly. "Kao?"

Kao smiled too. "I'm sorry I'm asking you to break the rules but you know all the other kids are doing it too, they are sneaking people in. I also want to go in there, to that dance and win a hunt to prove to the pigheads out there who think they're all that because they party and ruin their lives while I don't that I'm a proud nerd who can be both smart and still be a winner! Please, let me go in there or in four years, I will be out here, sitting where you sit, seeing people to a stupid dance that really means nothing compared to the future both you and I have ahead of us and a dance that would never matter to our lives ahead and what would never be on any resume we ever have and yet, see these idiots look down on us and call us losers!"

Lissa blinked. Then she sighed. "The fountain?" she smiled knowingly, looking at the gang and then away. "I never got to eat anywhere near it. It didn't matter I won the nationwide math Olympics, I was still a loser with no friends. Be smart, be a proud nerd, but make friends because the top of the class can be a lonely place. You go" she said and Kao jumped on her, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you!" he said and held onto Beam's hand, both squealing like kids as they ran inside with a shocked Arthit and open mouthed Kit following after but not before Ming held onto Kit's arm.

"Did we win?" he asked and Kit, being too amazed at his friends who he seriously didn't believe had it in them to come this far couldn't even tell him he wasn't a part of the hunt.

"N-no... we still need to find the crown before the other team" he said and hurried after his friends while Ming hurriedly scribbled down on the list he'd taken from Beam's bedroom.

"Huh? Find crown! What crown?" he called after for no one to answer.

.
.

"Where is he? Where's Pha? Do you see him?" Wayo asked agitatedly, looking around as he stood in the middle of the dance hall with his friends who all looked around for his boyfriend.