Chain of Mistaken Events. 2

Beam stood rooted to his spot. I'm what? When? How? What?

"Huh? Really? Oh, why didn't you say so from the beginning?" the doctor asked him and yet, he could only blink at the man, lost.

"Ah, look at him, they were mugged! His fiance is about to get operated on! He's shaken!" The nurse interfered and turned to pat Beam's shoulder as if trying to pacify a child. "There, there! No need to worry, your in laws have been informed, you won't be alone here for long"

"Huh?" Beam gaped a the nurse. "I-in laws? I-I have in laws?" he asked and the nurse pulled him into a bon crushing, air tightening hug.

"Aww, poor thing! He's hyperventilating in shock!"

"Em... maybe, let him hyperventilate with his air circulation in tact" the doctor supplied and helped to detach them, giving Beam a sympathetic pat. "Are you in the state to talk to the cops? It would be better if you do it now since the incident is fresh. We're still working on your fiance, we need to prep him for surgery"

"B-but... but he's not... sir, em, I'm not-" a panicked Beam started to say but he stopped talking when the staff wheeled his mystery fiance out of the ER.

"We're ready for the surgery"

"Alright then, since you're his fiance, we won't wait for his immediate family and have you sign the consent form, be quick, time is of essence" the doctor turned to Beam with papers and Beam jumped away as if injured.

"Wa-what? C-consent? Wa-what consent form? N-no! No! I won't! I- why would I? I'm not his-"

"Oh, honey! Don't be scared! Its just formality! Besides, head injuries are critical, we can't operate without a family member consenting. Just do it. Its his head. We need to be quick" the nurse, though having cut him off, patted his head and made sure he understood the urgency.

"I must say his CT scan wasn't all too well for my peace of mind so the surgery could be long and tricky so just sit tight, nurse Jenny would accompany you. You are a very brave young man, just be brave for a little while longer. We'll do our best! Sign the forms" With that the doctor walked away and Beam was left frozen in his place with an open mouth.

Beam looked around, unable to find his voice while the nurse kept telling him how he needed to hurry or his fiance won't make it.

Well, what effing hell, who cares! I can't let my fiance die! Aaagh! What am I saying?

He signed the papers in a daze, only realizing what he did when the receptionist took the forms from his hand.

"I-I... I'm not-" he turned to nurse but of course, he went unnoticed!

"There! Get these processed and have them begin the surgery! You honey. sit back and I'll be back to check on you after rounds" the nurse blew him a kiss and walked away, leaving him gaping like a fish.

"Heck! Why do I suddenly have a fiance? I didn't even have a boyfriend yet! Not even imaginary ones!"

.
.

The large mansion was as quiet and dark as the night, with the occupants sleeping soundly when the sudden loud rings of the home extensions disturbed the peace of the night.

The phone kept ringing for a good long time till a cursing, thrashing teenage boy emerged from the stairs, walking down while scratching his hair and rubbing his eyes.

"Who the fuck is it at this time? Why are all the residents of the ground floor old and deaf?" he was mumbling sleepily as he picked up the phone.

"Hello?" the cute, pale skinned boy grumbled into the phone, rubbing his nose cutely.