Chain of Mistaken Events. 1

I don't remember every detail of my childhood but I do remember how it was. It was a happy, carefree, kind of naughty childhood. Okay, okay, fine, a beyond naughty childhood! Happy? Geez...
But, that's how I remember it all. But I especially remember every memory I have of dad. Well, really, dad was literally all I had so obviously, all my memories are of him!

Now I'm plain confusing myself! Well, I remember a bit of my childhood and all about my dad, now that's better. Especially all the tales and stories dad ever told me. All his adventures...

He was a carefree, free spirit. He loved to travel all over the world and he'd told me so many stories. He'd been to almost every country, every town, village, island, he'd explored it all!

He always said, life does not always turn out the way we think.

Ahahahah... now, I truly believe he said that about my life. You'll know why.

So, yeah, dad! Well, he loved travelling and he'd seen the whole world, places that I never even heard of and had only known through google and his collection of pictures. He had so many stories, pictures and jokes and travel events to share, and he always shared all those stories with me. Though I didn't remember my mother, how could I? She died when I was born. But thanks to dad, I knew my mom as if I'd spent a lifetime with her. He had told me how pretty, jolly and full of life she was, how I was her carbon copy, how kind hearted she was, how clumsy and a downright walking disaster she could be, how much she loved me even before I was born. It's a sad thing she didn't get to hold or love me after my birth. Dad said that was all she ever wanted. Dad always said though mom had left us, she'd given him his world. Me.

Beam Baramee Vongviphan.

His son...

"Hoi! Are you nailing pictures or running a bulldozer on the wall, you maniac?"

I turned and pouted at my nana Um, the closest thing to a family, to a parent that I have. She's a force to reckon with, seriously, fearless, loud and ready to pack a punch, our whole apartment complex is scared shit of her, even our apartment owner.

"Nana~ I'm sorry! But what can I do, I've been hammering this nail for eternity and it still won't stay! These walls really!" I whined and she facepalmed.

"Ah, my dear pretty thing, why are you tiring yourself? Go, call that rascal Pete then, he'd do it! He's always walking around with dumbbells, pretending to be a bodybuilder, he'd nail it with a punch" nana waved a hand and I laughed.

"Yeah, pretending is the magic word, nana" I laughed and went back to hammering the nail while she laughed.

"That is true. Oi! Be careful! Don't hammer your fingers!"

"Nana! You know I'd really do it I you kept telling me not to!" I whined as that was true. That is one of my many birth defects. Okay, I know I'm being dramatic but I do tend to end up doing what people warn me against. Beam, be careful, don't drop the glass. Guess what? Beam drops the glass!

Ah, what an antique I am.

"Ah, done!" I jumped happily and took the framed picture nana was holding to hang. Which, it turned out, quite unfortunately, did not stay. Nana and I both jumped back in shock as it crashed loudly with the glass shattering and spreading everywhere.

"Oih! My, my..." Nana held her heart. "Baramee Vongviphan... I should kill you..." she said in a resigned tone.

"Em... Well, at least, the wall is intact" I grinned sheepishly and she shot me a look telling me she was chopping my head in her mind and dread filled my heart. "Em... well, good luck cleaning"