✅Sleepover. 9

"Kids! Wake up! Time for breakfast!"

They all groaned as they woke up, and in Arthit's case, getting kicked off the bed by an annoyed Kao who he'd been lying atop, all still dead tired.

"How long were we asleep?" Kit asked.

"Ten minutes?" Beam yawned.

"Funny. Felt like five" Kit rubbed his eyes.

.
.

Tim walked up the stairs and stopped seeing Kit sitting there with his chin rested on his knees

Tim walked up the stairs and stopped seeing Kit sitting there with his chin rested on his knees. "Hey? Not down for breakfast? There are pancakes" he said and seeing the sad, lost look on Kit's face, sat a step down from the boy, leaning up to stare at his face. "What happened? Did you guys fight?"

Kit lifted his head from his knees, replacing it with his clasped hands, not meeting the older guy's eyes. "You know Beam and I don't fight"

"Yeah? Then what? Hmm? Come down for breakfast" Tim said and realizing something, he sighed. "This would be the last time, right? You're moving this week..."

Kit sighed and finally met the older guy's eyes. "Yeah... I'd leave and... I don't know when or if I'd be back... I don't know if I did... would my friend welcome me the same way... would we be the same..." he said and peeked downstairs at Beam laughing with Kao. He sighed again. "He was so heartbroken that I'm leaving him, he can't imagine high school without me. But... what if he doesn't need me anymore from now on? What if... the next time we meet, he doesn't even care that I'm here or not? What if he finds new friends? Better friends? What would I do then? He'd forget me and... I need him just as much as he needs me..."

Tim blinked. Then he chuckled. "Wao... you really have some serious, life altering problems, don't you? You're hardly fifteen! You would find yourself new best friends and you would leave the older ones behind, that... though entirely painful at times, is the reality. You sometimes move ahead and leave people behind and sometimes, people leave you behind. That's how you meet new people" he said and Kit blinked, gawking at the older guy who laughed, showing his dimples. "What? Too much wisdom from me to digest?" he said and ruffled Kit's hair as he stood up. "Stop being too serious! Come on!"

He stood up and went down, leaving Kit to sigh. He proceeded to stand up but stopped when Tim peeked up at him from downstairs, resting his arms at the step and his chin on his arms, smiling up at the surprised boy. "And I don't think Beam can forget you. No one can. And he's Beam, he's gonna haunt you till you get tired and annoyed by him. And if not, I won't let him forget you. I promise you that" he smiled and reached his hand. "Come along now"

Kit looked down at the large hand and bit on his lower lip. Then he smiled. "You don't want me to jump down from up here, do you?" he looked the older guy in the eye who laughed goofily.

"I don't mind! I'll catch you" he said and Kit laughed.

"As tempting as that is, I won't risk it" with that he stood up and sprinted down, making Tim chuckle and follow him to the kitchen.