✅Sleepover. 7

Forth stood transfixed in his place, eyes glued to that small dancing figure among the herd of dancers, lost in his own happy bubble, dancing away freely.

Beam.

The name suited him so well. Beam. He really beamed among the large crowd. Even on the packed dance floor, among all those people, that little boy still stood out.

Then how come he was so blind to not have noticed Beam before? They went to the same elementary and yes, he could say the boy was too little at that time but if their bus picked Beam right after him, meant they lived in the same neighborhood, didn't it? And he was P'Pete's weird, goofy friend's little brother, wasn't he? Forth had been to P'Tim's place once or twice, yet that beauty stayed hidden from his eyes.

Then how come their paths never crossed till now?

Yet he felt so damn lucky and happy that he finally did. Maybe, P'Pete was right. All in good time. Maybe it was for the best that he got to know Beam this way. To see him for the very first time, dressed so sexily, skateboarding through the streets in night light. To search him out of year books. To find his bravado of sneaking into a high school dance. To watch him dance and laugh without a care in the world. To know how gutsy he was to go through all the dares on the list for the lunch spot. And to know.

To know that the beautiful little boy he just saw and fell for not only knew him but if that scavenger list meant anything, also felt the same way for him.

"What's wrong with him?" Kong came to stand beside Lam and Minute, first giving Forth a weird look and then eyeing Minute, quirking his eyebrow at Lam who smiled shyly.

"He is a goner. That's what's wrong" Lam laughed out. "And well, about her... I hope by the end of the night, I could introduce her to you guys as my girlfriend" he said, looking at the girl with an anxious, sheepish smile who grinned back.

"You better make me your girlfriend or I'd walk to your other friend and it won't be a dance I ask for!" She shot an alarmed Kongpob a smirk who gaped and seeing the look on Lam's face, hurriedly threw his hands up and shook his head.

Lam huffed and held the girl's hand. "You wish! I'll chain you to me!"

"Huh! You'd chain me? I'll put a leash on you!" She retorted and bumped his arm, both giving each other such infuriatingly sweet smiles that Kong just cringed and turned away from them, again focusing on Forth just as the song ended and was yet again weirded out seeing him smile dreamily.

"What the-"

"Don't mind him, he's lost in his beauty" Pete wrapped an arm around hu cousin's shoulder to turn him to see what Forth was looking at, only to find a group of four younger boys dancing and laughing happily.

Kong blinked. His eyes zeroing in and fixing on that one little glasses clad cutie who seemed to be dancing in a frenzy, giggling and shaking his body along the beat, not a care in the world, no feeling embarrassed or shy over the way he moved, too energetic to put up with.

What a cutie he was!

He smiled seeing him huffing and puffing and then pouting and sulking once the song ended.

"Why the hell is he so damn adorable?" He asked out.

"Yeah! Why the hell?" Forth agreed. Then he blinked. "What the hell?" He turned to Kongpob, wide eyed who was giving him the same look.

Kongpob blinked. Then he hurriedly shook his head. "Oh, no! No... Your beauty? Is friends with my cutie!" He pointed towards Beam and the gang, making Forth relax.

Pete laughed out. "Yeah. And they're both friends with my hottie" he informed an amazed Forth who again eyed the boys, smiling seeing his Beam smack the glasses clad boy who pouted and clung to the hand of a boy slightly taller than the rest of the group.