Chain of Mistaken Events. 3

"I DON'T WANNA GO TO ANY PARTY! I'M NOT ANYONE'S FIANCE!"

Okay, don't judge him for thrashing and whining. He'd tried over and over again to come up with the weirdest excuses to not go to the party but to no avail. Kao just had to pout and show puppy eyes to make him yield.

So now, he was leaving the work to go pick up the boss from airport and drop him home on his way to get ready for the party.

"Ah, why always me?" he was asking himself as he looked around for a spot t park his car. He was beyond tired and mentally drained. And he was so done with his stupidity. From now on, no talking to himself! Ever! Humph!

SCREECH!!

"Ah!" he hurriedly set his foot on the brake and avoided the collision with another car that was pulling out of the parking. Cursing under his breath, he turned the ignition off when the tall car owner got out to glare at him. He sighed and got out as well, only regretting not being tall enough as he came face to chest with the guy. Yes, literally! The man was so freaking tall!

"Fuck! Thank God! You! Are you driving with your eyes closed?" he barked at Beam who knotted his brows.

"Clearly not as I was the one who avoided hitting you, not the other way around, Mr. Giant torpedo" he spoke before looking away from the man. "Huh, and you didn't even give a signal! If anything, ask yourself that question" he pouted. "Ah, why do all tall people have to be fools" he mumbled to himself.

The man was left gaping at him for a moment, speechless. "Excuse me? Did you just... you called me a fool?"

"I'm afraid he did, Tim" another man stepped forward, one Beam didn't even notice before. Beam looked up to find he was also quite tall, not as tall as the driver himself but tall and quite muscled, well built and handsome, smiling down at him with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Huh, you! You look quite young to be so recklessly driving around! How old are you? And look at you, you're not even ashamed! You're accusing me" the flustered driver said to him, making his blink and huff.

"Ah, seriously! How old I am? Enough to own and pay for this car myself! Huh, how old are you to not accept your mistake like a man?" Beam asked again in a bored tone, looking away with a pout. "And I'm not even talking to you, I'm talking to myself! Seriously, like I don't have enough on my plate, I'm engaged and its not my fault" he said to himself and looked down at his phone, panicking and cursing. "Shit! The Satan has landed! You! I didn't hit your car, did I? Then why are you fighting with me? I'm already dead at Satan's hand so be happy bout that1 Bye!" he said loud and fast and ran to his car, leaving the two guys gaping after him.

The driver blinked. "Wao, what a weirdo"

And the guy beside him, who leaned lazily against the car trunk, smiled. "Yeah... what a beautiful weirdo..."

##

Beam did not waste time talking to or being laughed at by Lam, instead he dropped the man off and hurried home to get dressed. Maybe, even buy a gift for Kao?

DING DING

"Ah, who's that?" he looked around, not finding Nana, hurried to open the door, regretting it right away finding Pete outside.

"P'Beam~ we're late and you're still not ready! I need to be back soon! I have a curfew" The boy whined.

"Huh?" Beam blinked, frowning. "Yes, I am, late. But since when did I say you can come along? Huh! Hey!" He gasped, pointing a finger at the boy. "How did you even know I'm going out?"

Pete blinked innocently. "Oh, because you're going with me!" He said fast in a hyper excited tone. Then he gasped too. "Don't tell me you forgot! You told me yesterday that you'd go to the new amusement park with me! You agreed to go! You nodded!" He made such an injured, accusing face that if Beam didn't know better, even be would believe the shithead. Only, he knew that he'd never agree to anything of such sorts.