Chain of Mistaken Events. 7

"Beam! Oh, my boy, how are you?"

Beam managed a strained smile at the man. "Just peachy, uncle. How are you?"

"Oh, how would I be, having that rascal for a son? That kid won't grow up even when he turns fifty!" Athit complained and Beam smiled genuinely.

"Aww, don't say that, uncle. He is a kid, let him enjoy his youth, it passes too soon" he said and then remembering why he was there, he turned to Athit. "Oh, by the way, where is that fool?"

Athit blinked. "Well, he's not back from class yet" Then he gasped. "Oi, why? Huh, don't tell me he's at it again! What is it this time? I didn't get any complaints from the tenants so he won't be spending time in the yard facing your window and serenading you with his guitar! He didn't come around and steal food again, did he? Hoi, did he annoy you again till you shut the door in his face, and then he knocked nonstop and disturbed your Nana? I tell him, not to anger her! He never listens! Huh, it's not time for Valentine's or Christmas so he wouldn't have come up with a grand proposal like the last time-"

"Uncle! Uncle! Relax!" Beam cut the panicked man off. Well, Nana did have that effect on the poor man who was scared shit and ready to piss his pants in fear of angering her, and yet, his son somehow always came up with newer ideas to test Nana's patience. "It's nothing like that! I just... really need to kill him, that's all"

Athit breathed out. "Oh, that's a relief..." then he blinked. He eyed Beam. "That... was a joke, right? He's my only son, regardless of how many loose screws he has"

And Beam giggled at that. "Ah, I'm sure most of those loose screws are probably my doing, I dropped him on his head a lot when he was a baby" he joked. "Don't worry, I'm joking..." then he looked away to whisper. "Almost..." And then he smiled sweetly at Athit who still shot him a suspicious look.

"Ah, really?"

"Yeah, just wanted to see what he's up to. Em... actually, you know, I blocked him from everywhere since..." Beam sighed and tilted his head to the side, trying make Athit understand without saying it. But then he sighed. "You know the last time, when he kept bombarding me with... with those love quotes from bl series" he looked down in embarrassment and Athit face palmed.

"Ah, that idiot! I'd say you keep ignoring him so he learns a lesson. You're far too lenient on him! Next time, just report him!" He said and Beam shook his head.

"No, no, no! Em... Just tell him I asked for him"

"Alright then, I'll send him up when he returns!" Athit said and Beam smiled at the man before walking out of the apartment, begging for the patience required to not end up killing the idiotic boy.

Beam didn't mind Pete's childish infatuation, he thought of the boy as his little brother, rather he felt more embarrassed than angry. I mean, who wouldn't when someone climbs up a water pipe, all the way to knock at your window at night with a rose in their mouth and claim they just saw it in a romantic movie? Or the time Pete woke up the whole West Wing when he decided to play his guitar and sing Beam a song? He had a shower of rose petals last Valentine's as Pete had turned eighteen already and decided he was ready to marry Beam.

But the boy can't go around doing that now! He wasn't a kid anymore and this wasn't cute or funny anymore, and someone needed to tell him that! Especially if he was telling people they were engaged.

He can't do that, regardless of whom he told.

.
.

"YAHHH! I'M SORRY! AH, NOT THE VASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! NOT THAT! No... I'm sorry... put it down, please... yeah, put it down, you can't murder me, I'm still a baby!"