(1) The Truth, Guilt, and The Jump

He did it

He finally told them. SUNNY finally told his friends the truth about what happened 4 years ago. The truth that tore his friends apart, and lead to him escaping into his own mind for so long. Too long. The entire time, he didn't have the heart to look then in the eyes as he spoke, but he made sure that they finally learn the truth.

He thought he was prepared for what came next, he knew he deserved everything that was about to happened, far worse he believed. He took a deep breath in, and finally looked up to them... he felt just as mortified as when he saw MARI hanging off of the tree. So much panic, and fear filled his heart as he saw their reactions...

The regret in their eyes, the anger and confusion after the truth was revealed, the anger behind their pale eyes as they stared in shock and horror at SUNNY.

KEL was in disbelief, confused and taken aback, not knowing how to respond at all to any of this. AUBREY was filled with anger, pure and utter rage as she stared at SUNNY with clenched fists and grit teeth. HERO was...empty. His expression was shocked, but he was staring at SUNNY with such an empty, distraught look. Like he couldn't believe the horror he had just heard.

The room was silent for what felt like forever after the confession, but KEL was the first to break it. He gulped before trying his best to smile, his voice shaken and weary.

KEL: "W-Wait, SUNNY... this... this is just a joke right? Y-You're only joking, right? B-Becauss this isn't funny. Theres... no way you would... do that... right?"

SUNNY'S eye was shaking, trying to look at KEL, but not having the strength to look him on the eyes. He felt his arms start to curl up, fists weakly clenching as he was holding his chest as he felt his heart and his head ache. He didn't have OMORI to keep his emotions at bay anymore, finally letting 4 years of regret and anguish loose as his eyes welled with tears.

The dead face he always had was crumbling, his breathing growing rapid as he clenched gown tightly. Everything was coming back to him at once, filling him with too many emotions and overwhelming his mind. He couldn't speak, barely able to stutter, his mind feeling so full of countless thoughts yet so empty at once.

Before he could even attempt to say anything, AUBREY had already reeled back her hand and smacked him across the face with all her might. It made him fall to the floor as the pure shock of it all left him with a blank stare.

KEL: "A-AUBREY!"

SUNNY slowly looked towards her, his pale face turning red from the hit as he saw so much anger in her eyes. Her breath was heavy through her teeth, looking down to him as she clenched her fists, digging her nails into her palm.

AUBREY: "Four. Years... For four years, you two... lied to us?! Making us think that she-!" She couldn't even finish her sentence, shutting her eyes tight as she looked at the ground. "How could you..." She looked back to BASIL on the hospital bed before throwing her head up, staring furiously at SUNNY. "How could you do that to us- to MARI!?"

HERO still had an empty stare, but he looked so distraught when AUBREY asked that, holding his hands to his mouth as he stepped back. He looked so betrayed and broken, so much going through his mind as SUNNY looked over to him, their eyes locking as his heart ached even harder.

SUNNY grit his teeth and clenched more at his chest, but AUBREY quickly grabbed him by the collar of his hospital gown and slammed him against the wall. KEL was the only one to flinch, holding his hands out, seeing them shake tremendously before pulling then back to his chest, his entire body now trembling.

AUBREY: "You... You're sick... You're fucking sick!" She slammed him into the wall again without an ounce of remorse. "Why... Why?! Why did you two do it?! Tell me! Tell me right now, SUNNY!"