(7) Pancakes, Coffee, and Tea

7:30 AM

As a new day came, HERO'S alarm began going off beside his bed, at a more reasonable time than his brothers. He turned it off and groaned sitting up, cracking his back as he stretched his arms behind his head. KEL had gone out for his run, as usual, so he knew that he had to wake up fully and get started on breakfast. Putting on his "Thank The Cook" Apron and getting right to work.

Most morning, HERO'S Family often woke up to the smell of something hot, fresh, and delicious. This morning was no different, the smell of Pancakes filling the air as he cooked a stack of them. Now feeling fully awake, he was laying bacon strips on the pan before he found himself looking out the window. The sun was rising, and a new day was coming...

Another day MARI had to suffer knowing her brothers still comatose. He hated seeing her so worked up and anxious all the time, nothing like she used to be 4 years ago. Of course he was worried about SUNNY, but the most he could do for him was be ready for when he did wake up. But MARI... he didn't know how or if he could help her, even if she tells him she's fine.

He can always see it in her eyes, the guilt and sadness she tries to hide. He sighed with a concerned look, hoping MARI was still taking care of herself even while they weren't together.

HERO: "Maybe I should bring some breakfast to her... if she's even at her house..." He immediately got cut off in thought by a stinging burn to his hand, grease from the bacon popping at him as it grilled. "Ow-!"

He shook his hand then put his mouth over the burn, moving the pan and scraping the bacon off of it. With a nostril exhale, he flipped the slightly charred bacon over and got back to work, his mind still lingering on how MARI'S doing... and if she's even at her home or not.

7:39 AM

Not long after, breakfast was made, KEL came back from his jog, sweaty and hungry while sniffing the air, right on cue.

KEL: "Haaaa~ Bacon n' Pancakes! The best breakfast combo~" He rushed to his seat as HERO prepared his plate, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "Looks great! Can't wait to dig in."

HERO chuckled before handing him his plate, grabbing the syrup and drenching all of the food in it, watching KEL'S smile grow wider as he did.

HERO: "How you manage not to eat all this without a straw is beyond me, but I know that's how you love it." He watched KEL grab his fork and dig right into his breakfast.

It always made him happy, watching KEL eat his meals so enthusiastically. It helped him want to continue baking and cooking, but he couldn't help but feel concerned again as he sat down with his plate, thinking about MARI again. He put the pancake slice he had on his fork down and sighed.

HERO: "... I hope MARI'S eaten today."

KEL looked to him with his cheeks full of food and syrup running down his chin, still chewing between words.

KEL: "Wow chew chew MARI really is chew chew on your mind chew chew all the time, huh?" He muffled out before swallowing. "Can't lie though, I'm kinda worried too... but hey! I can check up on her after practice, I was gonna visit SUNNY anyways, so maybe I can go with her!...If she already isn't there I mean."

Both brothers looked at their plates and wondered if MARI spent another sleepless night at the HOSPITAL, worrying if she had enough sleep or anything to eat, completely unaware of what had happened last night/this morning. HERO glanced down at his food and looked determined.

HERO: "I'll make her some Lunch again today on my break. Wish it could be Breakfast, but I got work and you have school, so it really can't be helped."