(21) Prepping, Home, and MEWO

.

.

.

The roads were empty, and KEL was making the use of it. He was pushing around SUNNY on the Wheelchair in the open road, a wide smile on his face as he felt the wind run through his hair.

All while SUNNY kept his hands clasped on his lap, not feeling uncomfortable from the wind but still a bit nervous from the speed he was pushing him.

AUBREY was tailing him, with BASIL falling behind and holding his chest while MS. POLLY helped him, hand behind his back and making sure he doesn't fall over.

HERO shook his head with a smile and cupped his hand to his mouth. "Hey KEL! Don't go too fast, you're gonna miss our House!"

KEL looked back and slowed down, smiling while scratching the back of his head. "Sorry! Got excited, heh!"

AUBREY caught up to him, caught her breath, and slugged him in the arm.

KEL: "Ow! What'd I do?!"

AUBREY: "Pant Pant We just got him back- Pant And you want to put him back in the Hospital?!"

BASIL caught up to them and leaned over, hands on his knees as he panted heavily. MS. POLLY rubbed his back and patted it.

MS. POLLY: "Deep breaths, deep breaths."

KEL and AUBREY looked back as they heard BASIL'S coughs, squinting back to KEL before she bumped him away from the Wheelchairs Handlebars.

AUBREY: "YOU go help BASIL, I'LL take care of pushing SUNNY around."

KEL tried to argue back, but an eyebrow raise from her made him roll his eyes and groan. "Ma'am yes ma'aaaam."

He jogged back to BASIL, and AUBREY nodded looked to SUNNY

AUBREY: "Good! Now-" She looked down and saw SUNNY looking up to her, her cheeks turning pink as she looked away for a second. "Oh! A-ah... H-Hey."

SUNNY: "H-Hey..." He looked around and looked as nervous as she did, both of them not knowing what to say

AUBREY: "W-Well, uh, let's go back to the others now then, yeah?" She saw him nod and face forward as she turned them around.

Even if he knew this wasn't HIS AUBREY... His feelings for her were still there. And now more than ever he was confused whenever they were alone like this. So, he decided to push these feelings away... for now.

He shook his head toa bit to snap himself out of it, and once he looked up, he saw KEL picking up BASIL. He put him on his back, looking back with a smile.

BASIL: "I-I said I'm fine, KEL, really! Y-You don't have to do this-"

KEL: "Pssssh, it's nothing! 'Sides, I made you do all that running, least I can do!"

MS. POLLY: "Oh my! How strong you are, KEL!"

KEL: "Heh, thanks! Though BASIL here's pretty light!"

BASIL'S cheeks went red as he rested his head on KEL'S back, embarassed but grateful as he let out a meek. "Th-Thank you..."

HERO and MARI caught up to everyone as they all finally decided to go at the same pace, walking down the street side by side.

. . .

They talked about how eager KEL was to push SUNNY around, and how BASIL seemed to be a lot more weaker than usual.

KEL: "Honestly BASIL, seems like you need as much exercise as SUN-SUN does! We barely ran a mile and you seemed so winded!"