(10) Into Your Dreams...

. . . MARI was sitting next to her brothers Hospital Bed, leaning on her elbows and resting her head on her clasped hands. Her breathing was steady and had a solemn expression, eyes closed as she listened to the steady beeping of the Heart Monitor. SUNNY was asleep, which is what the Doctor said he needed, but the idea still troubled MARI.

She's been watching him sleep for 4 years, so seeing him do so again after so long made her feel uneasy. She opened her eyes partly and looked at him, seeing him move slightly in his sleep, completely caught up in his dream. Her mind was partly at ease since he was in a different position while sleeping, but the underlying feeling of worry and fear was creeping in the back of her mind. She sighed lightly and closed her eyes again, hoping he'd open his eye soon so she can be at ease.

"SUNNY. . ."

. . . That fear she felt only sunk in deeper the moment she heard the monitor stop beeping. Her eyes widened and immediately looked to SUNNY, concern plaguing her face as she as panick was rising quickly inside her.

"SUNNY?" She quickly stood up, leaning towards him and grabbing his shoulder. "S-SUNNY?!" She was looking over him frantically, shaking him and trying to wake him up. But there was no response. "S-SUNNY!!" He was lying there, motionless, not breathing, and the heart monitor flatlining seemingly growing louder as MARI was forced to listen to it.

Tears ran down her eye as she grit her teeth, clenching onto the bedsheets. Greif overcame her, feeling so many emotions at once before realization hit, quickly letting go as she almost fell over trying to back away from the bed. "Doctor. . ." She said under her breath. "D-Doctor!! Nurse! S-Someone, help, please!!" She was quickly heading out the door to try and get someone, anyone to help her brother. Adrenaline was pumping through her vain as she dashed to the door, gripping the handle and slamming her shoulder against it.

But it didn't budge. She looked at the door in confusion and quickly tried again, trying with all her strength to slam the door open, but not feeling it budge an inch. She was panicking and frantically started pounding her fist on the door, the heart monitors flatlining beep getting louder and louder, piercing through her desperate attempts to open the door. Tears fell down her cheeks and trickled to the tiled floor, her shoulder beginning to get sore from how hard she was slamming herself against the door.

Her breathing was frantic and raspy, grunting as her sole focus was the door, wanting- no, needing to get her brother help. She couldn't bare to look at him again, wanting to get a doctor or someone first before she thought anything. . . Especially the worst. But before she made any form or progress on the door... she heard a dull thud, followed by something breaking. . . Something wooden. She was hesitant at first, but if there was any chance SUNNY was okay, she wanted to make sure of it, so she quickly turned around. "SUN-"

. . .Her eyes immediately went pale. Dread overwhelmed her heart as she saw something she's tried 4 years to forget. . . But always remembered, every day since. SUNNY. . . Lying on the floor, his violin broken by his head, and blood slowly staining the floor. Her eyes slowly became red, unable to pull them away from her brother as she was frozen in place.

Slowly, she held a hand out to him, but couldn't move a step, just out of reach to get to him. It felt like the entire room was getting darker, everything blending into the nothingness around her. . . All focusing onto SUNNY. MARI was in pure shock, the Memory of that day still so fresh in her mind. Her focus was solely on her brother, not letting her attention waver for a moment, desperately trying to get to him some way, any way-

"You're a horrible sister. . ."

MARI froze. She recognized that voice. . . Those words. She slowly turned her head to see a familiar pale figure, those red pupils staring right at her. She was left speechless, words escaping her as she could barely look PALE BASIL in the eyes.