(13) Bargaining, Circumstance, and Returning

MARI: "... W-What?"

She was in pure disbelief, hearing everything this figure said but not understanding anything. Even still, she kept SUNNY behind her as this thing calling itself... DEATH was looking at them.

SUNNY was more confused that MARI was, not just because supposedly DEATH itself was right in front of them... but because when he was here before... it wasn't. So he clung to MARI's arm as she swallowed and stammered her words.

MARI: "W-Wait wait... I-I must still be asleep... Yeah, this is just s-some kind of nightmare or... or a weird dream! There's no way that this can be happening." She chuckled nervously, hoping that all she was saying would be true. "I'll just...wake up a-and we'll both be okay!"

After she said this, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, holding it as she tried to wake herself up. After she let out her breath, she opened her eyes, hoping everything would turn back to normal...

DEATH: "Mmmmmm- Nope, sorry. Still here, sadly." It said as it was right in front of her face, kneeling a bit to reach her height level.

MARI screamed and walked back, tripping onto the ORCHIDS as her pale eyes stared at DEATH. SUNNY quickly turned and kneeled down to her laying on the ground.

DEATH: "So sorry, but I am not one of your nightmares, MARI SUZUKI. I am quite real. And, quite ready to right a wrong with your brother. So!" The sound of a clap was heard despite no arms being see on it. "SUNNY SUZUKI, if you will please come with me please, for I must take you over now."

A long, black arm emerged from its size, a hand forming and holding out towards SUNNY. He looked at it and backed away slightly, holding onto MARI's arm.

SUNNY: "Wh-What? Wait, why would I..." He was confused by everything happening at once, wondering how and why-

Until he realized something... He DID die. He WAS supposed to pass on after what he did in HIS world. In any and every sense, he should be dead... But thanks to OTHER SUNNY... he survived.

(Right... I... I stole his life. He was supposed to live, but...)

It was like time stopped... He looked to DEATH and began thinking about how, if this actually was DEATH, and he was telling him to pass on... but MARI...

As soon as she came into mind, before he could turn to her, he saw something appear behind DEATH... it
was her.

 it was her

He saw her holding out her hand out to him again, silently calling out to him and drawing him closer to her with her extended hand.

His eyes went dull, staring at "MARI" while she was staring directly at him, speaking clearly as time continued to just stand still for him. Even with this new chance at life, she still showed up to him. Reminding him of the sins of his previous life, not letting him forget it even in this new world just by existing. And then... she spoke.