(11) The Chase, a Dream, and a Snap

.

.

.

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP-

... KEL was tapping his foot eagerly on the classroom floor, his finger doing the same against his desk. His vision constantly went to the clock and back to his paper, biting his pencil lightly as he looked deep in thought.

2:53 PM

Everyone was quietly reading their textbooks, quietly reading about history and whatnot, completely focused on their assignment... well, mostly everyone.

BASIL glanced up from his book, seeing KEL sitting next to him rapidly tapping his foot and clearly not paying attention to their lesson. ("I hope KEL'S doing alright, he seems... antsy") He worried a bit about him, thinking for a moment before placing hie index finger where he left off and leaned toward him.

BASIL: "H-Hey, KEL?" He looked around nervously, worried that MR. JOHNSON would notice. He cleared his throat lightly before tapping his shoulder. "KEL?"

KEL: "Hm?" Finally taking notice, KEL blinked a bit before looking to BASIL. "Oh, uh, sorry bud!" He attempted to say in a whisper, moreso sounding like he was trying to be quiet. "What's up."

BASIL: "I-Its fine, no worries. And well... You seem a bit lost in thought, is all-" He said in a concerned tone, holding a hand out to his shoulder. "- Are you okay?"

KEL:"Oh..." He looked to him a bit surprised, smiling quickly after and nodding. "Yeah, I'm fine man! No need to worry, I'm just uh... excited, hehe." He looked towards the clock. "It's just, after school and all, we're finally gonna visit SUNNY! I've been too busy with sports to do that myself, and I dunno how long it's been since you've gone and all, but it's been too long since we've gone together, so I just can't wait until Three!"

He had a pure smile, hopeful and eager, that made BASIL smile too, giving a suppressed laugh. "I mean, I wish AUBREY and HERO could come with us, but I know their jobs and all keep em' busy. But hey! Maybe tomorrow or something, it'll be Summer after all."

BASIL: "Y-Yeah..." He rubbed his neck nervously and exhaled. "I've got quite a bit of work to do though. Thank goodness they let me do it over Summer Break, haha."

MR. JOHNSON had tapped KEL'S desk, making both boys jolt with surprise. "Now now, if you have time to chit chat, you have time to finish your work... Especially you, KEL. You do know there's more work on the back, right?"

KEL'S eyes widened as he flipped over the paper. "Oh crap!"

The class had begun laughing at KEL'S obliviousness, even getting a light chuckle out of BASIL. MR. JOHNSON put his hand up and lowered it. "Alright alright, Class is almost over, just finish your paper and turn it in when the bell chimes. Those of us who don't finish it by then can stay after class until they are."

KEL was shocked at this, but immediately shook his head, taking two quick breaths before reading the questions again. Everyone went back to their papers, and MR. JOHNSON made his rounds about their desks once more.

BASIL was just about done with his, but soon got interrupted by KEL getting his attention. Actually whispering this time, he asked BASIL something.

KEL: "Hey bud, you're coming straight to the HOSPITAL for the visit after, right?"

BASIL thought for a moment. "Mmmm... I have to get something from my house first, b-but you go ahead! I'll catch up after." He said with a faint smile.

KEL: " You sure, man?" He saw BASIL nod and shrugged, smiling after. "Okay, but if you get tired I won't be there to piggyback you again."