(2) Fading, MARI, and HELLSUNNY

He didn't know where he was, his memory and vision clouded after everything had gone white. The splitting pain in his head had returned, his wound felt extremely sore as if it had just reopened. His body felt tender, freshly beaten and aching, but... not how he would have imagined it.

The Hospital Roof towered over the ground, he knew that a fall like that would cause fatal, severe injuries, and yet... the only stinging pain he felt was in his eye and his head. The rest of him felt sore and numb, but... nothing broken. It was so surreal...

"SUNNY!-"

That voice... he had almost forgot about it, calling out to him. It was his sister MARI, shouting his name from what felt far away. Slowly, slowly getting closer. Until it was as clear as day, like she was right in front of him. He could even see a blurred outline of her, looking down at him, like he was laying on her lap.

How peaceful and calm he felt, reminding him of the days they'd go on picnics with everyone, how young and carefree they all were. It was bittersweet memories for SUNNY... knowing he'd never get to experience that again with them... with her.He couldn't focus on MARI'S voice, no matter how hard he tried, his head pulsing in pain as flashes of memories filled his mind. The good and the terrible...

The faces of his best friends, so happy and loving as they were in the past, soon warped into the distraught and wounded faces they made when he told them the truth. It made his heart break seeing them like that again, looking at him like they ever regretted meeting him. So much hate and pain in their eyes as they stared into his soul, he couldn't get it out of his mind no matter how much he hated it.

Suddenly, he saw flashes or MARI and his friends at a picnic, like none of 4 years of hell they all went through had happened. AUBREY, KEL, HERO, BASIL... MARI. They all looked so happy together... without SUNNY.

He knew he deserved it. That if this was Hell, he deserved to watch something like this for as long as he was there. It pained his heart further, seeing how it would have been if he hadn't killed MARI, or maybe it was showing if he wasn't there at all... but it actually gave him an ounce of relief, seeing them all so blissful, loving one another so peacefully.

Without a shadow of a doubt, he was contempt with this, knowing if he was just gone, things would be so much better... and yet... he hated it. He didn't want it, he wanted to be there with all of them, he wanted to bask in all of that love with them and tell them all they mean the world to him. He wasn't strong enough to audibly cry, but he felt the tears flow down his cheek, mustering the strength to speak*

SUNNY: "Stay... together... with them... please... please...!"

He felt himself slipping, his eye feeling heavier the longer he tried to keep it open, wanting to run to them, but barely able to lift his arm. They were so close, but he couldn't reach them, slowly fading from view... Then he felt something. A hand grab his, tightly, squeezing it and refusing to let go. As his vision of everyone faded, something- no... someone came into view. He could hear her voice echoing towards him, so faint but audible

MARI: "-okay... It's going to be okay! Please-!"

She was slowly becoming more clear to him, the white light surrounding her fading, much darker colors forming as he saw her face more clearly. She was... crying. Over him...? Why? Why after all he's done, ruining everyone's lives, killing her- everything. Why would she cry over him...? She shouldn't. He deserves this, he deserves to be hated, by her especially.