(25) Recital Day...

.
.
.

Elegant music played through the SUZUKI Household, the graceful melody of a Piano and a Violin filled the Music Room. MARI and SUNNY were playing "Clair de Lune", such beauteous music filling the air as she gracefully pressed the piano keys.

SUNNY was actually smiling, playing his Violin in harmonious unison with his sisters Piano. Even with just two instruments, they were in perfect harmony, both eyes closed and feeling the music course through them.

With the final notes, SUNNY kept his note high as MARI gently playing the keys as their melody had finally come to an end. Both Siblings finally opened their eyes, looking back to one another and smiling.

MARI: "That's was beautiful! You did great, SUNNY!"

SUNNY sat down, putting his Violin against his chair and winding his wrists. "Thanks, heh. But it's only because you make it sound better with your music."

MARI turned around and patted his back, hugging him briefly before looking over to the other side of the room, hand on his shoulder. "What do you think, DAD?"

Their FATHER was sitting on one of the stools in the back, the sun shining through the window making his glasses glare. His arms were crossed and he sat up straight, until he pushed off his knees and stood up.

DAD: "It was good, quite good."

MARI and SUNNY both smile, looking at one another.

DAD: "...But you can do better. Now, once more, from the top?"

MARI looked confused, turning back to DAD. "Wh-What? But DAD, we've been playing this for almost 2 hours now. I think we sound perfect for the Recital."

DAD: "Yes, well, there's sounding perfect, and being perfect. You both need to make sure it sounds absolutely flawless, you know you could get spotted at a big event like this, especially with your talents."

SUNNY grabbed his elbow and moved his shoulder around to loosen it, looking a bit concerned. MARI saw this and took a step closer.

MARI: "DAD... We're tired. SUNNY'S tired, he's gonna pull something on stage if he keeps practicing this much. Besides, the Recitals in a few days. I'm sure we can rest at least for one."

DAD pushed up his glasses, giving a small exhale before calling her over with a hand motion. "Can I speak with you? In private."

MARI looked to SUNNY and saw him wincing a bit from the soreness as she nodded. "O-Okay... SUNNY, you rest up for a bit, I'm gonna-"

DAD looked over to him and noticed his instrument, frowning a bit. "SON, don't put your Violin on the ground like that, you'll ruin it. Now, make sure it's tuned."

SUNNY looked away and slowly nodded, rubbing the inside of his elbow. "Y-yes, sir..." He reached down and picked up his Violin, beginning to tune it.

DAD: "Good. Now, MARI."

MARI looked discontent, clenching her fist and taking a deep breath. She turned around and followed her DAD out of the room, hearing SUNNY tuning his Violin and groaning lightly.

.
.
.

In the Living Room, MARI sat down and shook her hands a bit, letting blood return to her fingers as she saw DAD sit down.

MARI: "DAD, he needs a break. WE need a break. We started practice at 10, it's 2:30 now! I don't see why-"

DAD: "MARI."

As he spoke up, MARI sat up straight, looking forward and exhaling.

DAD rubbed his temples and sighed through his nose. "Look, I know you both are tired. You've both gotten slower since this morning, I can see that." He turned to her putting on his tie. "But I just want you two to play your absolute best. And you can't do that unless you both keep practicing until you know you'll do perfect."