(14) Revival, KEL, and a Text

.

.

.

Both of them were laying on the Hospital Bed, the Heart Monitor still active, but definitely not as much as it should be. Both of their breathing was slow, being at peace as they were both still alive... barely.

MARI's breathing began to normalize, hands twitching lightly as her eyes shut tighter. And for the first time in a long time... she woke up calmly. Her eyes gently opened, taking a long breath in before she was fully awake. It was the most calm she'd felt in a long time, slowly raising her head as she regained herself.

She looked around the room, making sure it was actually where she was before they fell asleep. Seeing everything looking normal, no grey room or mysterious figures surrounding them. She sighed with relief, knowing they were both safe, for now at least.

They... She just remembered, she wasn't the only one who was supposed to wake up. Her attention went to SUNNY with a concerned look, but her heart calmed down as soon as she heard the beeping continue on his monitor... a lot slower than she would have liked. But she did see his cheat move, meaning he was still with her, and that enough would make her a little less worried.

She gently put her hand under his and held it firmly, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in.

MARI: "If... If what I dreamt of really did happen, then please... Bring him back safely. Please, sir..."

She quietly asked who she still doubted could actually be DEATH. But if he was... then she needed to know that his promise would be followed through. Hopefully soon... Her worries, however, would soon be put to rest.

While gently rubbing his hands, she felt his hand twitch, her worried demeanor turning shocked as she looked at his face. His eye twitched lightly, his grip tightening in MARI's before his eye opened fully, chest expanding from the long breath in as he woke up.

Like her, he woke up very peacefully, not a trace of fear or panic in his eye as he came back to life... back to her. MARI was caught off guard by this, obviously hoping that he would wake up from that... but since he did, then all of what happened in her dream really did happen...

She shook away that thought for now, smiling as she saw him looking around and regaining himself, just like she did. It meant that he was okay, and it made her feel so relieved.

MARI: "SUNNY?"

He quickly looked to her, making sure it was actually MARI and not some other dream or nightmare. Realizing that it was his sister, he leaned back in his bed, sighing in relief as he relaxed his shoulders.

SUNNY: "Y-Yeah... it's me." He looked around the ceiling and the hospital room, seeing the bright blue sky out his window. He really was back... again. "We're back..."

He gave a short, nervous laugh, MARI joining him as they both couldn't believe what just happened. She got up and hugged him tightly, feeling him reciprocate it with what little strength he had as they embraced one another. She sniffled into his shoulder and wiped her eyes, smiling ear to ear having her brother in her arms again.

SUNNY, although it was soft, gave a genuine smile as he hugged her, clinging to her button up as for once, he felt a warmth, even if it was brief. It made him feel... happy, for once in what felt like a very long time.

They stayed like that for a minute, none ready to let go of the other before they finally pulled back from one another. MARI was still smiling, placing her hand on the side of his face and gently caressing him. He leaned into it slowly, his smile only halfway there, still not able to feel her touch but loving the sentiment.