(27) Mother, Son, and...

.

.

.

KEL: "Aaaand there we go! All patched up." He slid his finger across the bandage across SUNNY'S arm, patting his shoulder after.

AUBREY: "Even if it wasn't a deep cut, I still think it's better to keep it bandaged like this. Given your condition and all."

SUNNY looked over his arm before slowly nodding. "Yeah, uhm, thanks..."

AUBREY and KEL looked at each other worried, KEL scratching his neck trying to find the right words to say.

KEL: "Look, bud, uh- (ahem) what MARI did, I-I'm sure it was just an accident! Right?"

AUBREY pushed her bangs out of her eyes and cleared her throat. "Y-Yeah! Definitely, she wouldn't want to hurt you at all. She was just, uh, caught off guard! We sprung this on her out of nowhere and all."

KEL: "For sure! We should've waited til like Monday or something to say it. We were just sorta, y'know...excited, heh."

SUNNY looked at them, seeing their nervous smile as they tried to keep him calm. He gave a faint smile and a light chuckle. "Guys... thank you. I'm okay, really. I'm just... surprised." He looked at the bandages again, 2 across his right forearm.

As they gave a sigh of relief, SUNNY sat up more in his chair and spoke up.

SUNNY: "But... it's not like I can't understand how she feels. I DID just wake up, so doing this immediately would be a bit much."

They looked surprised at his response, glancing at one another while trying to figure out how to reply.

KEL: "O-oh! Well uhm, I mean, if you don't want to then-"

AUBREY: "W-We just thought maybe you'd want- Not to assume! But uh-"

Both of them stopped mid-sentence as they looked down, seeing SUNNY'S hand on both of theirs.

SUNNY: "But... you guys willing to do this just for me, it... means a lot. I mean it." He grabbed both of their hands and held them tightly.

AUBREY gains a red tint to her face as she looked nervously at his hand, while KEL'S surprise turned into a wide grin, holding his hand equally tight.

KEL: "Heh, of course! Anytime, SUNSHINE! ... Hey, that rhymed, haha!"

AUBREY raised her brow and looked to KEL, seeing how proud he was of saying that and rolled her eyes and chortled.

SUNNY laughed a bit too before he looked down to their hands again. "..." He thought to himself for a moment before slowly loosening his grip. "Actually... what KEL said could work. Maybe like, Monday? We can try this out? A-Assuming MARI agrees I mean."

KEL looked excited and pumped his fists. "Yes! That's perfect! Gives you and MARI some time to catch up before we take you round town to show you what's been up for the past 4 years!"

AUBREY: "(ahem) AND it gives him time to rest, even if just a little. So he can actually enjoy his time out, right?" She asked KEL, raising her brows and expecting the correct answer.

KEL: "Y-yeah! Well duh, of course! I meant that too." He saw her affirmed nod and sighed with relief, leaning back in his chair while putting a foot on hod knee. "Besides, I'm sure HERO'S calming her down and explaining the whole thing to her, already."

SUNNY looked to the doorway and heard some talking, but couldn't make out what they were saying. "You think we should leave them be?"

KEL: "Probably. HERO knows how to calm her down best, he's done it a lot on the past." He leaned back in his chair and grabbed 2 slices of bacon, crunching on it while talking. "Fould juff take a mimut or foo."