18

"Welcome it's so good to see you again!" Tyler's mum said as she hugged the two of us and let us in. "Can I get you two a drink?" she asked as we sat on the benches in front of the kitchen counter, "Mum I'll have a whiskey and Leila will have something non alcoholic" Tyler said nudging me. "An orange juice is fine" I said showing her a smile, she served us the two glasses and we went to sit in the lounge seeing Taz watching the NFL. "Hey kids" Taz called out as he looked behind at us from the couch. "Peter are we still going to use the grill outside?" Tyler's mum asked as she washed her hands at the sink, "Mum you don't need to go through that effort" Tyler said and she only shook her head at him and opened the fridge. I got up and walked into the kitchen insisting on helping Tyler's mum and she insisted I didn't need too at all. Eventually she let up and I was helping her cook as well as prep whilst Tyler was talking to his dad watching the NFL.

"Hey son so what have you and Leila been up to lately?" Taz asked as he set his glass down on the coffee table. "Um about that mum, dad there's something we have to tell you" Tyler said nervously. "Son you didn't accidently run someone over driving here did you?" Taz asked, "What no its better news" Tyler said and I walked over to the couch sitting next to him. "What is it?" Tyler's Mum asked and Tyler looked over at me taking my hand in his, "Um so we have some news um Mum dad you're going to be grandparents" Tyler said nervously and it took a second until both Tyler's parents were bursting out of the couch with excitement hugging us both. "So that's why you said Leila would have a non-alcoholic drink" Mum said and I nodded. "Tyler" Taz said sternly and I looked over seeing Tyler looking at his Dad bracing himself. "Having and raising a kid is a big responsibility" Taz said with a tone of seriousness. "Taz I think Tyler can handle it" I said backing Tyler up, "Tyler just be there for Leila got it" Taz said and I could see Tyler nod quickly agreeing.

We all sat down at the table sometime later having dinner and the mood was lighter than during the pregnancy announcement. "Tyler can you please pass me the salad?" I asked as I took another bite of my food and Tyler passed me the bowl letting me serve myself before placing it back on the table. I felt Tyler place his hand over my belly rubbing it gently in circles as he continued eating the food on his plate. Later that night we went back to Tyler's house and sat on the couch, my feet were killing me from wearing heels. Tyler came and sat next to me to which I leaned into him closing my eyes, "you okay there my love?" He asked and I moved my head slightly looking up at him. "Yea just tired and sore" I said and he gently rubbed my arm up to my shoulder, "I can't believe we're gonna be parents" he whispered containing his excitement. "What do you hope we have?" I asked and he smiled, "a girl because she'll be daddy's little girl" he said and I mentally awed.

"Are you happy?" I asked and he looked down at me kissing my forehead, "of course I'm happy" he said smiling. "Will you still be working?" He asked as he intertwined our fingers together, "of course I will be at least until I can't" I said closing my eyes again. "You tired?" Tyler asked and I slowly nodded my head, I felt him scoop my body up in his arms carrying me to his room laying my body on the big queen size bed. "Did you need this size of a bed living on your own, "why not?" He asked lying next to me wrapping his arms around me holding my body securely in his arms. I fell asleep to Tyler pulling up the blankets tucking them in securely around me.

The next morning I woke up to Tyler still sleeping beside me, his hair sticking up in different directions. I rolled over so my back was facing Tyler and grabbed my phone off the bedside checking the time and watching some YouTube. I was watching videos hoping they'd distract me from the anxiety I was having since finding out I was pregnant, worrying about travelling on the road, not being home, upbringing. "Morning" I looked over seeing Tyler waking up and hugging my waist, "and good morning to you too little one" he said rubbing my belly. "I'm so happy I'm gonna be a dad" he whispered with his eyes still closed. "Do you think we'll manage?" I asked him and he opened his eyes slightly, "do you not think my dad will be stealing the kid every chance he has and of course I'll be there too baby" he said reassuring me.

"Besides you can take time off work when the time comes closer and I'll be right by your side through it all" he said. I smiled at him moving some hair away from his face, "now come here and give me cuddles" he said gently pulling me down so I slid into a lying position into his arms. "Your gonna be the best mummy ever and I'm gonna be the best daddy ever" he said kissing my shoulder. "I know you will" I whispered back to him, "I love you" i whispered and he leaned over kissing my forehead. "I love you more" he whispered back to me.