Chapter 16

Krystal took a step forward and looked him square in the eyes. She pointed at him: "This is all because of you! She is in there fighting for her life and her baby because of you, Park Jimin! You are a bastard! If something bad happens to them, I won't let you die peacefully!" She spat.

Just as she started to raise her hand to slap him, he quickly grabbed her hand.

"Enough!" He let go of her hand. "Tell me what happened."

Krystal let out a frustrated breath. Her face felt hot. "How can you not know? It is because of your guilt feeling towards your mistress! Since you have decided to stay with Y/N you should've completely cut your communication with Seulgi but you never formally stated anything to the public! You won't let Y/N go but you also can't let Seulgi go? Men like you are the most disgusting, you enjoy having several partners, don't you? It is your fault and those brainless fans of her, they came to our studio to confront her then push her on purpose!"

Jimin could not say anything. He merely stood there in shock.

She wiped the tears from her eyes. "She was bleeding, Park Jimin!" She said between sobs, the scene kept on replaying in her mind. "She cried in pain and kept asking what would happen to Joonie."

His breathing ceased. He didn't expect this to happen. The time Krystal called his phone, she was crying uncontrollably, her words were unclear. When she said Y/N was in the hospital, he didn't wait for her to finish her sentences. He immediately rushed to the hospital.

"They'll be okay. I will not let anything happen to them." Jimin let out the breath he held.

She raised her eyebrows at the question, her expression became humored. She chuckled sarcastically. "How can you not let anything happen to them? What can you do? If you really mean what you say, none of these would've happened!"

"Krystal."

Grandma, Joo Hyuk, and Taemin were walking towards them. They were on their way home when Krystal called so they rushed to the hospital together.

"How is Y/N?" Grandma's face was not looking good.

"She is still inside." Krystal answered.

Grandma gazed at Jimin and simply said one sentence. "You failed to protect your family."

It was like a heavy stone thrown straight to Jimin's heart. The air seemed thinner as he struggled to breathe.

Yes, he failed to protect his family because of his guilt feelings toward Seulgi. He promised her a thing that could cost him his wife and children's lives.

Of course people would put the blame on Y/N if they thought he was still in a relationship with Seulgi. He should've seen this coming.

For a man to fail to protect his own family was unacceptable. If a man couldn't protect his own family, how could he protect anything else? There was no worse insult for man than this.

"I have told you so many times to cut your relationship with that singer but you never listen. Perhaps today was her own doing. She insisted that Y/N pushed her from the stairs but she didn't get what she wanted so she planned this." Grandma's voice was hoarse. She made him feel guiltier than he already did.

"That singer! If something bad happens to the baby, just see what I will do to her."

-

During lunch break, Seulgi was reading her script. Her business phone rang, but her assistant was out to buy her coffee. She groaned and answered: "Hello."

"Unnie! I helped you take revenge on Y/N. She made you lose your baby and now she lost her baby too." She laughed. "Unnie, are you happy? Jimin definitely will leave her now. He will come back to you, you can be happy now."