Positive (Ch.8)

+

Aviva

Following the events of Mun leaving or in other words being banished by Cam and taking a beating he left as soon as he caught his breath. He had to crawl away in a sense because Cam effectively shattered his ankle.

Though they never said we all secretly knew that Mun and Lue were seeing each other. So when we all were listening in on Cam and Muns conversation and he admitted to being The Skinner i'm sure all of our hearts dropped in fear but his didn't drop in fear it just broke.

SaKai has been trying to comfort him these past two weeks but he hasn't said a word.

Cam's nose was bleeding a lot but luckily for her it wasn't broken. We were mad at eachother for how we spoke to each other but we sat down and talked it out. She did pull the I told you so card and said that I shouldn't have doubted her instincts. I apologized and she apologized as well and we're good. She's been in a cheery mood ever since.

But my emotions are everywhere, one moment i'm a cold hearted bitch and the next i'm a fucking crybaby. I confided in Sofia about it, her first guest was that I was pregnant, I told her that's impossible. Cam doesn't know if she's even fertile and plus why get pregnant now we've been sexually active since the apocalypse, and that's been a few months now.

So no it's a very slim chance that i'm pregnant, my period should be coming any day now.

Her second guess after I debunked that was stress. I can totally see it being stressful. I actually want to tell Cam today that I might want to stay here and live. Make it our home.

Cam is laying down in bed asleep. She looks beautiful from beginning to end. As of late she has been wearing her hair down throughout the day and not just when we have sex. Speaking of sex Solei asked Cam and I if we would want to possibly have a foursome. Cam turned her down politely in front of me but I know she talked to her in private, After their conversation she looked angry. But soon brushed off the whole thing.

I want to take my place back next to Cam and drift back into sleep seeing as the sun hasn't even risen yet but I just feel sick to my stomach. One of the fish we ate from the has to have had something, I think food poisoning can kill.

I've been hovering over the toilet for the past five minutes waiting for my nauseousness to pass. I don't think I can take this being sick shit any longer. I need my brother's help. Oh god, here it comes.

After puking my guts out I became clammy so I went all the way up two flights of stairs to my brother, He shares a room with Sofia. I quietly woke him and asked him to meet me in the hall since I didn't want to wake Sofia.

"Are you okay, you look a little pale."

"No i'm fine...No i'm not fine that's why I came up here. Veer, I think something is wrong with me." I say

"I just finished throwing up and i'm all sweaty and clammy, I need your medical expertise."

"Well okay um these questions might be a little uncomfortable for the both of us but, When was the last time you had your period?"

"A month ago."I answer with haste

"When is your next one due?"

"Any day now."

"Okay well, when exactly was the last time you and Cam had sexual intercourse resulting in insemination?"

"Veer, What the hell? Why?"

"Just tell me." My Brother says annoyed

"We last had sex two nights ago. And uh by insemination you mean-"

"Yes."

"Every time." I am unsure how he's going to react.

"Every time! You don't practice safe sex Aviva sheesh." He blurts out

"No, stop yelling, you'll wake everyone. And Veer before you say anything no i'm not the P word."

"Baby sis I hate to be the one to tell you, But yes you are."

"No I'm not. There's no pregnancy test to prove it."

"If you want we could make a run to find one. There should be a gas station about 2 miles ahead of the road block."

"No, it's too dangerous for you to go alone." I reason

"Not if Sofia and maybe Lue went with me." He explains.

I nod in agreement.

"Well I'll wake them now so we can be back in about 2 hours. Go get some rest and don't worry so much. I love you." My brother says

"I love you too."

I went back to lay with Cam and My brother, Sofia and Lue went on a 'supply run'. It's one thing for Sofia to think I'm with child but Veer now too. It's weird to think that, that is an actual possibility. Me and Cam with a kid, Wow it's so crazy to imagine. We're not married yet, I mean does getting married matter in an Apocalypse. I'd like to think it does and that one day Cam will come across a diamond ring and she'll get down on one knee and ask me of all people to make her the happiest woman on earth and marry her.

What am I thinking, that's such a movie cliche thing to say when proposing.

My stomach has settled at last, now I can get some proper sleep.

**********

"Vi, Hey."

Cam...

I groggily turn over and stretch my dense muscles and open my eyes to see my girl with a plate of something to eat.

"You've been sleeping all day you know that. Are you hungry?"
I sat up, yawning and smelling what's on the plate. My nose wants to close shut and my stomach churns at the stench. She's offering me baked fish with lemon slices on the side.

"Oh my God get that away from me!" I squeal in disgust and distaste. She pulls the plate away and shrugs her shoulders. "Suit yourself more for me."

"Here give me a kiss before you eat that rancid shit." I gave her an open mouth kiss catching her off guard with my tongue.

"Thanks for the suga mama."

"Always love."

"Oh your brother said to tell you to meet him upstairs when you wake up. He said he found something at a gas station you might like." Cam informed me.

"Oh okay I'll find something to eat in the kitchen. You stay here, K?"

"Yeah, okay."

As soon as I got up the stairs of the basement I gained the speed of Barry Allen and zapped my way to my brother's room.

"Don't tell me you found one." I say

"More than one, Here take three." Veer says passing me the tests.

I ran to the restroom with Sofia and my brother waiting at the door. After peeing on the three tests I opened the door for them to come inside, I got caught off guard a little when Solei slipped in as well.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"I can keep a secret, What's going on."

"She might be pregnant." Sofia says casually.

"Shut the door please!" I snap

Just breathe Aviva, It's not that big a deal, you're not pregnant, I say to myself as we're all waiting for the test to beep.

*Beep Beep*

We all looked at the tests on the counter. I froze up so Veer went up to them. He turned around and said one word.

"Positive."

Baby girl is having a baby.

🍼👶🏽