Forgive me(Ch.18)

Cam

There is a fire eating away at the camp. Zombies are on fire chasing Mun's followers as they try to get away from the flames, and I don't care. There is only one thing that interests me at the moment, and that is the person in front of me.

Mun.

" Lue isn't here to stop this." He says as we circle each other.

In my first words to him, I said, "Lue is dead."

He gave me a glimpse of sadness before he regained his composure. "Lue saw something in you that I could never comprehend." I said to him in an attempt to confuse his mind in some way. "How did he die?" He asked.

"By the same zombies that are destroying your home right now. You know, it was a very close call when it happened. It could have been me."

"Thank God, it wasn't," I muttered under my hooded gaze.

There was a circling of one another that ended with my last statement slamming into the nerve I was aiming for. This was when he swung full force in my direction. As I dodged, I was unfortunately struck by an unforseen uppercut, which made my lip sting as I felt the pain. After grasping him by the hair with both my hands, I headbutted him as hard as I could manage so that he fell to the ground, holding his nose in pain as he fell.

It was obvious that we were both bleeding from our faces. Mine came from my lip, while his was from his nose.

"Get up!" I bellowed wiping the blood from my lips.

Angry, he ran towards me looking for a tackle, but he failed. I kneed at his rib cage before throwing him back to the ground. It was not long before he got back up and sparta kicked me in the chest, sending me flying through the air. Suddenly, my breath got caught in my throat and I was no longer able to breathe, and I fell hard to the ground. As if in a desperate attempt to breathe, I gripped my chest.

In full display of his power he raised his foot high up and then brought it down to crash into my face, but I was able to roll over. That didn't stop him from kicking me in my back repeatly. My body was in a fetal position and I knew I had to make a move in order to survive. It was at this point that I timed his kick, grabbed him by the foot and yanked him to the ground along with me.

There was a tussle between us on the ground in which I managed to gain the upper hand. At a rapid pace, I began throwing my hands to his face, making four connections in a row before he had a sense of self-preservation enough to cover his face. I was thrown off him by the force of his hips pushing up. As he got on top of me, he put me in an armbar choke hold, blocking my airways.

"I'm going to skin you alive, fucking bitch!" He spat out as he ranted. "The whole reason those bikers found the hotel was because I was leaving a trail of bodies. We all have urges."

My knife is right there next to a log. If I don't do something now he'll kill me, I have too much to live for now it can't end here.

I pushed my body to the side causing me and Mun to roll over. His hold on my neck was still prominent. Using my core strength I lifted my lower body then my upper half then flipped myself in a backflip motion, breaking his hold on me. I punched his face and reached for my knife. At the same time he grabbed for his gun.

There are a lot of things Sofia has taught me, such as how to throw a knife effectively.

Then I saw Mun's arm rise to make a shot at me, so I grabbed the knife and threw it at him, slicing him directly in the throat. Suddenly, his body tensed, and he fired three shots at me in a matter of seconds.

I can tell you that getting shot fucking hurts. My body feels as if it is being burned by concentrated fire. He fell backwards while I fell forwards as both of our bodies dropped. There are no words to describe how surprised I am that I was able to put up such a good fight. To hear Mun choke on his own blood makes the experience of getting shot three more times worth it. The only thing that is not worth it is my death. There was a possibility that I might not be able to survive if I did all this.

I'm bleeding out yet I can still pretty well, well enough to hear shuffling feet running towards me. I'm too tired to worry about it.

"Camdon! Veer grab her! NOW!" That kinda sounds like Sofia.

"Sofia we have to go!" Sol?

Is it possible that I am hallucinating my friends' voices?

"There's exit wounds. She'll live if we stop the bleeding!"

As much as I would like to open my eyes and see what's going on around me, I'm just so tired and everything hurts.

Vi, I hope you will forgive me for this.

...

Aviva

"Could that big fire be where Camdon is located?" Sakai asks as I listen to her question.

"There is no doubt in my mind." I reply.

A tearful look swept across my face as I rubbed my stomach in sorrow.

My brother and the others will find her and bring her back.

Cam ain't dead yall ✌🏾