Taking it Easy(Ch.19)

Cam

Where am I?

"Wake up, baby, and open your eyes please."

Vi?

There is still a lot of pain in my body, and I cannot do anything about it. In my heart, I want to hold you, but I'm unable to move. I want to see your beautiful face, but I just can't. Vi, I'm sorry for being so stupid. Now that our home is safe again, you can go back there and have our baby safely.

If I am still able to hear, then I am sure that I am still alive.

"I don't know why you had to go off on your own like that. If you were awake right now, I would slap some sense into you."

Even if you threaten me, I love your voice so much, because I can hear the emotion in it. Someone is walking in. Who is it?

"Aviva I can't promise you that she'll survive these injuries. A gunshot wound has penetrated three of her parts, causing one to go through her left hip, one to go through her right bicep, while the third almost killed her, wounding her through a muscle in her neck. She's also got bruises all over her body, which aren't helping."

"She'll make it. You've got to do more." She pleaded

"Sis, I'm not a doctor and we don't have any treatment to actually give her. I've taken all the steps I can without causing more damage to her body. The rest is up to her."

What do you mean when you say that the rest is up to me? It's no secret that if I could do anything I would be fucking doing it. I want to live.

"You're saying she won't make it."

"Just don't get your hopes up, I'm just trying to protect your feelings."

"Fuck protecting my feelings, you should never have let her leave!" She boomed out.

"Aviva..."

"Why would you bring her back just for me to watch her die?" she whispered lowly at the end of her sentence.

No,... He didn't bring me here for you to watch me die.

Aviva

It's ridiculous to think that my brother could be such an asshole, he won't even tell me the name that Cam left for our baby. Honestly, I am so furious at him right now that if I were able to punch a hole through the middle of his chest, I would. He knew she was going on a suicide mission, but he didn't stop her, so now look what's happened. The worst thing I feared has happened: I'll raise our kid by myself.

"Tell me the names... Now." I say lowly not wanting to waste any more of my energy yelling at him.

"She told me not to say anything until the baby was born."

"If you don't tell me my babies name right now I swear-"

"LOOK she's moving!" My brother shouted pointing at Cam's face.

It was like she was dreaming, so she was furrowing her eyebrows constantly. My mouth dropped open, I cupped her now moving face and kissed her temples softly. After a short while, tears began to form in my eyes and I found that my cries were becoming audible.

"Come on, you need to wake up, Cam."

"No, she needs to rest. It's not a good idea to rush her recovery. The Zoms have been cleared from the cabin, so it is safe for you to go back." My brother informs me.

There is no response from me to him. Until Cam wakes up, I'm in this worn-out shed with her. I am staying right here, but if the others would like to go back, they are welcome to do so.

After wiping the tea off my eyes, I turn to my brother and look at him.

"I'm staying." I say quietly

"Okay. The girls are out hunting right now. I'll let them know that we're staying here and that they can go back home."

After that, he leaves the dingey shed. As I wrapped my hair in a tight ponytail, I snuggled up next to the warm body of Cam and kept my mind occupied with old memories of us together.

...

One week later

Sofia retrieved our car that we left on the side of the road.

Solei, Sofia, and Sakai went back to our cabin and said they saw a few zombies. It was only a couple that was there, so they took them out. According to them, there was no need to worry about returning home because it is safe now. And I don't dout that but like I told my brother i am not going back without Cam.

As the days go by, she is getting better and better. Two days ago, she woke up without being able to speak, and her side is also giving her a lot of pain. When her side no longer hurts we'll head back home but for now I need to keep her from trying to move around. She keeps trying to stand up, but the pressure of standing causes her hip to hurt as it tries to support her weight. Obviously staying this way is not easy for Cam right now but what choice does she have other than to stay here? It will take time for her wounds to heal.

As I watch Cam lift an empty gun, I tell her, "The sooner you get to the car, the sooner we can go home." I see that her arm shakes a little, but I suppose when you are shot in the arm that is to be expected.

"Take it easy, it's too early to be trying to work out at this point." I said grabbing the gun from her hand, setting it aside. Her eyes are fixed on me, and after looking me up and down, she bites her lip, as if she's thinking about undressing me.

"Cam, No. You need to focus on getting better, not on that. Plus my brother is outside this door."

"Hey sis, guess what I caught?" My brother says as he entered the small shed to show his catch.

"Speak of the devil."

"What do you mean?" He asked confusedly.

"Oh, nothing."

He sits down against one of the rusted four corners this shed provides.

"We should have left as soon as Sofia said she had gotten the car."

"Not yet."

"I'm tired of being cooped up with you two." My brother complained.

"Then leave. No one asked you to stay." I remark.

"What and leave you unprotected."

"I'm not unprotected. Cam's here."

"She doesn't count. She can't stand yet, plus she can barely lift a gun."

In her good hand, Cam grabbed the empty gun from me and threw it to Veer. His arm was hit by the projectile and he winced in pain as he felt the impact.

"See she's fine. She can do everything but talk... and walk." I reason

"Fine, I'll leave, but I'll be back tomorrow with a makeshift stretcher. I need a hot shower and I miss my bed."

After kissing me on the forehead, he exited the dingy shed and walked away.

There is something lustful about the look Cam has on her face when I turn around. I can't help but laugh at the way it's drawn on her face. "You almost died and now what... you want to have sex?" I ask not expecting an answer. But she nodded her head up and down and I noticed a growing bulge in her pants.

Through the past week my brother has been here with us tending to her wounds, making sure there's no infection and generally making sure me and the baby are alright. But now that he's gone what are we going to do all day? I can't ask her what the hell she was thinking because well, she can't talk right now.
So I guess the next thing would be to...

👉🏾👌🏾