Decisions (Ch.9)

Aviva

"Oh Shit." I'm really gonna have a baby.

"Hey where is everyone!" We all hear Cam call out for us.

They all left the bathroom at once and went to the living room where Cam was. I stayed in the bathroom a little longer to fully grasp the situation that I'm in. Part of me is still in denial, Part of me is happy, and another part of me is scared. I need to think about what I want before I tell Cam. Oh my god, Cam. When am I going to tell her?

Cam

"Hey-O, What's up guys, I want to call a meeting right now." I say full of cheer. I haven't felt better since I fought Mun and told him to leave, I've honestly been on cloud 9, well cloud 9 when my girl isn't mad at me.

I want to call a meeting to see where everyone is at with what's next. Personally I think that no-one wants to play hero anymore and go to New york. So I'll see if they want to stay, since we kinda already are. Everybody is here except for Vi.

"Great now that mostly everyone is here, Who wants to stay here?" I announce

"What do you mean, Stay here, aren't we already here?" Veer questions.

"Really... We did a whole vote thing and you all wanted to go to New York." I reply

"Oh I thought we gave that up once we found this place." SaKai said.

"Okay..." Wow this just got really awkward. I thought we would have argued a little, then cast another vote. They want to stay, which is a win. But am I the problem because I wanted to at least disagree a bit.

Everyone began to walk away and go about their business when I saw Vi walking down the stairs. I waved to say hi and she looked at me then went straight to Sol and pulled her outside.
Weird but okay.

I didn't think she would be angry at me for offering her baked fish. That fish was hella good and she shooed it away like I was trying to serve her hot unwashed ass. If she doesn't want to talk to me because of that I'll just leave her alone.

When I opened the front door they both jumped and then Vi glared at me.

"Just wanted to let you know that I'll be out today. I love you."

"I love you too, Be safe." Vi said as she turned back to Sol.

Didn't know her and Vi were this close. What could they possibly be talking about that's so secretive.

I'm going out to try and track where Mun went or at least find a dead body. He couldn't walk at all, an animal or a Zom had to have eaten him by now or something. I don't like the idea of him being alive and well.

Aviva

"Solei, you can't tell her yet!" I exclaimed.
Solei is Cam's best friend and they talk to eachother alot. So I need to make sure Solei doesn't spill the beans before I get a chance to even consider going along with this pregnancy.

"Why not? She has a right to know that she knocked you up." Solei says with a scrunched up face.

"Because I'll tell her when I'm ready."
"So why only come to me about it? Veer and Sofia know too."
"They won't tell." I say
"How do you know?" She questions with her arms now folded.
"I just do." I try to explain.
"So what I'm hearing is you don't trust me."

"Nooooo, I trust you but you kinda have no filter, you know."
"Whatever. What you're doing is wrong, asking me to keep something like this from her."
"Please Solei." I plead with praying hands.
She looks me up and down before taking a deep breath and then leaning on the house.

"If you are planning to keep it and if you're planning to get rid of it Cam needs to know either way. There's no avoiding that because if you don't grow the hell up now and say something I will." She says before going back inside.

I stayed and sat on the porch. Damn I feel so shitty after that conversation. I should tell her when she comes back, I know she'll support my decision no matter what but I'm still frightened.

Just now Sofia comes to sit by my side on the porch. Her hand rubs my back to comfort me. I lean to put my head on her shoulder and she lets me.

"So... How are you doing... with everything?" She politely asks.
"I've seriously been better." I confess.
"If you're wondering about how to get rid of it, I could help. I wouldn't enjoy it, But I'd have to kick you in the stomach a few good times." She says as if that's the most normal thing to do in a situation like this. I laughed a little at that.

"I don't think I want to get kicked in the stomach." I laughed off.
"I guess the scariest part of all this is... I don't want to die giving birth. With no doctors the risk is a lot higher. I don't want to leave Cam with a baby to raise and a broken heart, because if I die I have no idea how she'd handle it." I confess.

"You don't have to worry about that, Your brother is a doctor." Sofia says
"He's a nurse." I say.
"Close enough isn't it? Most people wish they had a nurse with them right now."

I guess she's right. When the time comes my brother will not let me die. I know for a fact that he'll do whatever it takes to make my delivery as smooth as possible. I trust him and I trust Cam.

I've made my decision.

I just need to believe in myself that I can take care of myself and this baby. I won't let this baby die, and I won't let myself die.

Camdon and Solei are like dis 🤞🏿