Trying (Ch.11)

Cam

"Cam, I'm pregnant."

That's what she told me after all the pacing back and forth she did. I'm not as surprised as I thought i'd be, not after thinking back to how we have sex. Then again it is a surprise because I didn't know that I could have kids. She cried after she told me and said she didn't know why she was crying when she was happy about it.

I held her until she fell asleep but I needed some air so I came outside to the dock.

Now thinking back to earlier Sol was going to tell me Vi's pregnant. Why would she know in the first place and I didn't. Did Vi not want to keep the kid? Why wait to tell me, But tell my friend. It's not her kid, it's mine. Ours, I meant it's our kid.

Yesterday when Sofia and I were out searching for Mun she was talking about cute baby names. I didn't say much because I thought Sofia was pregnant and didn't want to pry into her Veers business. The way she was talking about babies and their names... I should have paid more attention. That means Sofia knew too. So she told Sofia and Sol before me. I'm a fucking idiot. Why am I so stupid.

I can't believe I really thought it was just nightmares keeping her up at night and something more important.

Me, Camdon Void has a baby on the way. I'm excited, our kid is gonna be born around july. God, I need to step up my game and find the food she wants to eat, everyone here is tired of eating fish every night, i'm not but they are, so I should go hunting for some real meat tomorrow. Maybe that'll satisfy her and calm her nerves.

But with all of this happening I am a bit mad that she didn't tell me as soon as she found out. I'm trying to be understanding, I really am.

I head back to our room and quietly grab my bow and arrow. I won't need my gun since I'm not planning on making a lot of noise. Vi stirred a little in her sleep so I gave her a small kiss on her forehead before heading out.

When I stepped back outside I saw snow falling from the sky, it was beautiful at first but I quickly realized that my task to find real meat was gonna be a lot harder.

"Isn't it still fall?" I say to myself. It's just now the end of September.

Aviva

I  told Cam last night and she didn't seem angry or upset and I still cried my eyes out. She comforted me until I went to sleep so when I woke up to find that she wasn't here with me my heart broke a little.

Is it possible for Cam to leave me?

I can't think straight right now, there's a tightness in my chest and I can't breathe. I quickly sit up from my sleeping position to try and engulf some much needed air Into my panicking lungs.

Where is Cam?

Just as I feel my panic attack reaching its peak I feel a cold body wrap around my warm one, and her familiar scent of forest and outdoors fill my nostrils.

"Calm down luv, I'm here. You're okay, just breathe."

"I thought you left me!" I cried out
"Hey no no no i'm here, I'm not going anywhere." She says rubbing my back.

After I caught my breath and calmed down Cam told me she had a surprise for me. She told me to wait.

She left and came back with a plate of food. Please no more fish.

"I got you a little something something" She says.
"What is it, it smells good."
"Rabbit!" She exclaimed.

I chuckled at her excitement.

"Baby please tell me you'll eat it."
"Yes I will eat it."
"Thank you. You know you need to keep a full stomach anyways, I can't have you going hungry. That's why I have to leave again." She explains

"What? No, stay here with me."
"Sorry no can do. I have to keep you fed and stress free to ensure you make it past your first trimester."
"I'm not stress free if you're not with me." I say making my way to her. I wrapped my arms around her neck and hugged her tight.

I felt her now warm face snuggle into the crook of my neck and lay kisses leading to my lips.

"If I stay with you right now then I want to talk."
"Yeah, we can talk." I say going for another kiss but she pulls back.
"A real talk." She says seriously.

She guided me to our pull-out bed and flipped it back to its couch form, We both sat down.

"What's on your mind?" I ask while scooting closer to her. She adjusted farther from me.

"Talk, Vi I want to talk."

"Okay." I'm getting scared now but I keep my face from showing the rising fear i'm feeling.

"I just have one question. Why don't you trust me?"
"Cam, since when don't I trust you?" I am offended.
"As of late, that's when." She states.

The nerve she has to tell me I don't trust her.

"Fuck you for thinking I don't trust you. I bet you can't give me one example of when I haven't trusted you."

"Oh really. For one you took Mun's side when I punched him."
"You can't do that we both already apologized for that and-"

"Shut up." She says lowly.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Now you're telling me to shut up?"

"Yes! Shut up and listen!" She boomed.

If this anger wasn't directed towards me it would be so hot.

"Secondly, everyone else here knew you were pregnant with my kid and i'm the last one to hear about it! Do you know how that makes me feel? I tried to not let it bother me but it does Vi!" She stands up and takes her jackets off.

"Let's not forget that the only reason you even told me yesterday was so that Sol didn't!"

This is our second argument and I'm not used to this side of Cam. The side where she's angry with me.

"And just now I come back to you having a full on panic attack because I wasn't next to you?!" She fires.

I think she's done yelling for now. But her thick eyebrows are furrowed and she's pinching the bridge of her nose.

She calmed down and sat next to me. "Why would you think I would ever leave you?" She says softly.

I don't know what to say. I didn't know I was making her feel this way.

"I'm sorry, I'll do better." I cried.
"No, I'll do better. I have to go find your dinner."

She pointed to the food she prepared for me
"Eat."

She grabbed her jackets and bow and left.

Cam, I... don't know what to do.

Lying gets you nowhere.

💯