Noticed(Ch.10)

Cam

Yesterday I went to track Mun and nothing. I need to venture out a little further, But I can't go alone. So I'm thinking of asking Sofia if she would accompany me. She's the toughest one other than me.

Lue's Tough too but he's way too attached to Mun.

My mission is to find him and then kill him, simple. I didn't kill him when I had the chance because everyone's emotions were everywhere, Vi was crying and begging me not to and I didnt' want to upset her even more. So I didn't.

I don't want to traumatize her, I have noticed something about Vi.

Ever since she killed Dennis two weeks ago she has been very moody. She loves me, then she loves me not. She wants something to eat but nothing I make. She even wakes up in cold sweats. Maybe nightmares of Dennis have been putting her in a bad mood and giving her nightmares. I even heard that trauma can affect someone's appetite. I want to help but I don't know how. I'm not exactly the therapist type.

After aimlessly wandering around the house I step outside to see Sofia and everyone at the dock fishing and playing in water. I looked at Vi and she's next to Veer with a fishing hook. I see Sofia and she's me, I signal her to come over to me.

"Hey." She says "You okay?" She adds
"Yeah, I was actually just about to head out and was wondering if you'd like to join me."
"Where are we going?" Sofia asks.

I took a quick look around to make sure everyone was away from our conversation.

"I want to find Mun and finish the job." I say
Without wasting a second she responds with "I'm in."

Great!

"Could you tell the group that we're going to hunt a bear or something?" I ask.
Sofia nods and goes to tell them.

I would go to Vi to kiss and hug her goodbye but she seems angry with me. Last night I asked her if anything was bothering her 'referring to her nightmares' and she told me to find somewhere else to sleep because she needed a little more time to tell me. So I'm giving her the space she needs in hopes she'll tell me about these nightmares. She might be on her period or maybe I just need to let her cool down, relax and fish I guess.

"K, we're in the clear. Let's find that motherfucker."Sofia came back and said.

I love that enthusiasm!

Aviva

Looks like Cam is going out again today, I told her last night that I needed space instead of telling her the truth that I am pregnant. I was so mean last night that I have to apologize today.

"So I take it you didn't tell her." Solei interrupts my thoughts.

"No." I say hoping she doesn't drag along this unwanted conversation. She takes a seat next to me with her knees to her chest and SaKai next to her.

"So I was really just wondering this earlier but, Do you know how far along you are?"

It honestly hasn't crossed my mind how pregnant I am.

"Veer?" I say and we all turn to look at him.

"Hey I'm not the one with child, don't look at me." He says

"Yeah But you are the doctor." SaKai chimed in.

"Nurse." He points out before continuing. "How long have you been feeling weird?" He asked me.

"I don't know, maybe a week." I answer.

"Well to the best of my knowledge you could have been 'impregnated' a week before last. But we were on the road then. So I don't know." He says

"That doesnt sound right." Solei says like she is a lead detective.

"We were on the road three weeks ago Veer, and I know you two weren't fucking on the road for a fact Aviva. So if I had to guess I'd say it was when Cam finally got rid of those blue balls, you know when we had to pretend to be busy all day so you two could---"

"Okay we get it!" I shout, cutting her off from finishing her sentence. See this is what I meant, they talk about everything together. I rubbed my forehead in embarrassment at what we were talking about.

Cam Came inside of me a couple times that day, Well I mean a few, But doesn't mean everyone needs to know or be reminded about that day.

My cheeks are burning red with embarrassment enough as it is.

"Well, are you keeping it?" SaKai asks
I nod, saying yes.

"Awe the little baby is gonna be so cute!" SaKai exclaims in excitement.

I can feel my brother's eyes on me so I look at him, He's probably disappointed in me for being so careless. "I'm sorry Veer."
"You have nothing to be sorry for." He put his arm around my shoulder and I scooted closer to him.
"I'm happy for you, you should be happy too. I bet Cam would be happy as well." He said, kissing the crown of my head.

She would, wouldn't she.

Cam

Damn!

Sofia and I have been out here for five hours and nothing. I wanna keep on but the sun is setting we gotta head back. There's nothing but Trees and small rivers, We spotted a couple farm houses but found nothing and no-one inside them, and no trace of someone passing through. Sofia marked them on the map so we can show the group.

We made it back to the Cabin and they're not at the dock anymore. They must have headed inside. I want to ask Sol something before I head to me and Vi's room.

I went to where Sol was and she and SaKai were making out in their room upstairs.

"Knock, Knock. Can I talk to Sol?"
Solei disconnected their lips and marched to me annoyed.

"What is it? Can't you see I'm busy?"
"Yeah, I can see you're busy. So I'll keep it short. What were you and Vi talking about yesterday? Was she telling you what's wrong with her lately?" I question
"Look, you're my apocalyptic best friend and I don't want to lie to you, so..."

Vi comes from behind me and yanks me away from Sol just as she was about to tell me.

"So I will tell you in private. Okay?" Vi says nervously while tugging me down stairs.
"Babe you don't have to rush to tell me what's bothering you if you don't want to." I say because the worry in her voice makes me feel bad for asking Sol.

"No I have to and I'm going to." She adds.

Okay well at least we're getting somewhere now. My inference is that she is seeing when she killed Dennis over and over and that she might possibly regret it.

We get to our shared room in the basement and she begins pacing back and forth.

"Love?" I call out to her.
"Sit down, I need you to sit down." She commands.
"Okay, I'm sitting. What's up."