Chapter 2

"Why not the police.? Answers Derek.

"American police just seems to kill a lot of unarmed black people and you seem like a decent guy.."

"You're British Stiles so you don't understand our ways and a few bad apples give us all a bad name."

"You're right I don't but I'm black and I understand racism. Let's talk about something else. How is your family?"

"You don't know them."

"Indulge me tell me all about them."

"My parents have been together since forever and my sister Laura is a teacher and my younger sister Cora is training to become a lawyer."

"Any uncles?"

"The way you ask that question tells me you already know the answer to the question."

"You wound me Derek Hale. Wound I tell you?"

"You didn't tell me your last name Stiles."

"How about Stilinski."

"Is that you actual last name or did you just make that up on the spot?"

"You're very suspicious Derek Hale."

"Tell me about your family Stiles."

"There isn't much to tell. Oh wait there's I'm the golden child. Like you my mum and dad have been together for ages. My brothers have flown the nest and they live all over Europe."

"What's it like living over there I mean it's so fancy. You have France for a start."

"I lived there for  five years and it was amazing then I lived all over Europe but I was happy to go back to England couple years ago."

"You have an American fiancée when did you move here?" Ask Derek.

"Couple months ago."

"I never asked you what you did for a living or your age Stiles."

"I'm thirty-two and I run the family's butcher businesses."

"That must be nice."

"Not really I'm surrounded by dead things all day."

"What don't tell me you're a vegan."

"I'm surrounded by old people all day. Why dead came out my mouth I'll never know.  How long does it take to drive from California to Vegas?" Ask Stiles.

"Just over five hours."

"That's too long we should fly."

"We can't I don't have my passport."

She search in her bag for something. She pulls out the blue passport. She opens it and starts to cackle , "Your picture is hilarious."

He stops the car, "You have my passport. Where! How?"

"Officer Hale if I know your name and all about your family. Why are you shocked I have your passport?"

"It wasn't at my house it was at my parents house."

"I know your mother was misty eyed when I told her we were going to Vegas to elope."

"You told my mother what!"

"I didn't know men's voice could get that high. The thing is Der I was in my wedding dress. I had to make up a good excuse why I needed it."

"My parents have never met you but just gave you something so precious to me."

"I know it doesn't sound smart when you say it like that."

She have a look through her phone and Derek sees the tense look on her face.