Chapter 24

Meanwhile Derek and Erica was watching a president go into a café in east London without bodyguards. "It's a shame neither of us can go inside that café sir."

"Don't worry Erica it's already been taken care of."

"Now why would a head of state be in Clapton dress like everyone else."

"He maybe dressed like a normal person to fit in but he didn't come to this café alone. I can see at least three cars following behind the one he came out of."

"I'm on it boss I'm running the license plate now."

"Once you're finished that Erica I need you to call the café."

She look up from her laptop, "Really?"

"Really."

An hour later they watch the elderly man leave the café with a drink in his hand and an umbrella.

"So he went in there for a microchip he's not very bright is he." Derek smiles as the man walks back to his car and goes inside it.

"So what now?" Ask Erica.

"You need to go back to the office and I need to be somewhere else. First stop off at Popeyes I want to get something to eat."

She dials a number, "Ma'am can I get you anything from Popeyes?"

Derek looks at her like is now really the time.

Erica gives him the phone."I want three pieces of spicy chicken and some biscuits. Never mind get a selection of food from the menu."

"Are you sure that's a lot of food Stiles?"

"Ah Derek I see Erica had the good sense to give you the phone. Did you forget we are not the only ones who live him and my parents will be staying with us for a few days."

"That will be nice. I know you have work to do but nothing is stopping you from calling Mandy."

"That's a great idea my darling husband."

"Focus."

"How dare you I'm allowed to think about ripping off my husband's clothes if I want."

"I really did peg you wrong when we first met didn't I Stiles. By the way what happened to the body in the trunk of that car?"

Stiles takes a sip of her drink and put the phone to her other ear. "You wound me Derek Hale do you hear me. You wound me as if I would have been so reckless."

"Really."

"You didn't know then about the dead body it's just because you remember me."

"If that makes you feel better okay."

"You married a girl because you didn't see the dead body in her car."

"True but I remember your ex. You were very happy to see him the next day."

"Sorry to tell you this but you love every little idiosyncrasies about me."

"Damn it you're right."

Erica clears her throat, "Are you finished flirting we need to go."

"I'll speak to you later."

After hanging up the phone Derek looks at Erica and smiles. Then he turns and look at the cars that was trailing after the president's car.

"Damn you're good boss,' says Erica when she notices one of their people was in the lead car.

"Erica I hope while I was on he phone you were busy taking photos of the people in those cars or a video at least. "

She runs a hand through her red hair, "You wound me boss."

"Stiles can get away with that you can't."

She pops her gum.

"We don't want them to focus on you nor die of a heart attack."

"What can I say our family is very good looking."

Derek walks into his house with the Popeyes chicken. Stiles walks up to him and give him a kiss. "Did you have fun playing stake out?"

"The body Annalise. What happened to the body in the boot of that trunk?"

"It's been taken care of, one of my people was waiting in the bushes."

"You're scary sometimes do you know that?"

"It's because I'm scary that my job as the woman is so important. My mum and dad are here and I spoke to Peter . The widow Wendy has been to your house on more than one occasion."

"It would seem it wasn't my body she was really after. What is my uncle doing about it?"

"India has people trailing her and Peter is working for her temporarily as a handyman."

"My family isn't safe."

"They're and Wendy and whoever is behind her are not stupid enough to do anything right now."

"I would say allowing them to break into the house could be to our advantage but they're equipment there. I don't want them to see."

"India ask if she could stay there I told her I needed to discuss it with you."

"I think it's a good idea."

"Great I'll let her know your answer is yes."

Stiles takes one of the bags of food from Derek and walks into the kitchen with it. Her grandparents Rachel and Liam Grant and her parents Isaac and Rebecca were also there.

Derek who wasn't expecting to see his in laws parents were taken aback.

"Derek it's been a long time my boy."

"Ten years to be exact Liam. It's wonderful to see you all in the flesh again."

"And you my dear boy it couldn't have been easy going to work every day at that police station. Not even a promotion was given to you. Do you still not remember why you choose to work in law enforcement at such a low pay scale?"

"Unfortunately I don't but I do know the force has some corruption going on."

"Let the boy sit down and breathe before you start grilling him Liam."

Liam looks at his wife and smile sheepishly. Derek and Stiles get some plates and everyone helps themselves to food.

"The lockdown begins in a few hours.,' says Derek.

"We know. I'm just glad we are all here together like this", says Rachel.

Stiles look at her mother for a moment, "You must find all this weird. You married dad and was bought into a world you can't tell my other family members about."

"I knew what I signed up for Annalise and I've been with your dad for a very long time. I'm okay with this and I'm an only child that helps with keeping the secret."

"Does everyone know about the baby?" Ask Derek.

"I'm pregnant.," announce Stiles.

Everyone wipe the hands and start hugging Stiles and Derek. "Our first great grandchild. I can't wait till she gets here," says a misty eye Rachel.

"Later that night in their bedroom Derek walks towards Stiles while towel drying his hair.

"It's nice having your family here."

"You miss yours," realise Stiles.

"I do but Uncle Peter will look after them."

"Why do you think it was a microchip the president went into the café for?"

"The umbrella he carried out with him that he didn't walk in with. Danvers was in the café and he managed to take a video of everyone in there. The fact the president went old school is not lost on me. "

"You have always enjoyed criminals who think outside the box."

"Stiles do you think that's why I decided to be a police officer?"