Chapter 4

The next day while eating their breakfast Derek takes Stiles hand. "I need to go home my parents know I'm married. My job is waiting for me."

"Derek it's Saturday let's enjoy the weekend. I'm sure your friend would've have mentioned seeing you kiss a girl in a wedding dress. Your family would've said you were getting married. Your small town would be expecting you to be enjoying yourself in Vegas."

"How do you know all that?"

"I just do. I can stay in America for a while but I need to go back to England. I would like my husband to make the journey with me permanently."

"You want me to uproot my life completely or you mad?"

"Yes I do because you are worth more that being a police officer. You're not even a deputy sheriff and you have been in the job ten years. I imagine you're bored to tears at your job."

He looks solemn for a moment, "Actually I've already typed up my resignation letter."

"I know I saw it on your kitchen table."

"You have been in my house?"

"Yes when you were at the bar."

"Why me?"

"You're special you just don't know it yet. You should be commanding people not taking orders."

"If you're really a doctor you didn't need to get married to run the family's company."

"The truth is Derek my family have many business and I'm in charge of them all. What I'm about to tell you can't be repeated to another living person. Only India knows the truth my brother died recently."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thank you, his loss created a job vacancy and I would like you to fill it."

"What did he do?"

"He was in charge of the family's business."

"Didn't you just say."

"We both were in charge but we had different roles to play."

"So you want me to help run the family's many businesses like a chairman of a company?"

"Yes I do. The thing is the job requires going out in the field and doing field work every once in a while.

"I don't understand."

She looks sadly at him. I know I'm here to teach you the ropes. Although you will have ultimate control in the end."

"You say it with such sadness."

"It's just I know to get you to that place will require sacrifices on your part."

He wipes away a tear on her face, "You are crying."

"Am I? Don't mind me I'm just feeling somewhat melancholy. The muffins are still warm let's eat them before they get cold.

Derek sits back in his chair and wipes his hand and look at his new bride. Freckles who knew I loved freckles on a woman's face. They suited her. Man how long are those eyelashes. I'm glad she's tall 5'10 she could be a model. Why don't I feel scared I have just married a stranger but don't feel scared. Why? Thinks Derek to himself.

"I want you to know I'm happy you took this step with me Derek. The road ahead won't be easy at first. But if we stick together we can make it work."

"We have to go back to California tomorrow."

"I know my people can send your resignation letter in today if you would like."

He thinks for a moment, "Tell them to sent it in. I'm going to be working for you anyway."