Chapter 5

"You can make blood lie?" Ask Derek.

"I can make a lot of things happen."

"That means I can too eventually."

"Yes, it does."

They relax for an hour by the pool until finally Stiles jumps into the water.

Derek stares at her skin which was sun kissed. The water dropping of her body. Her flat stomach and round butt which wasn't too big. He could tell by her six pack and the muscle tone of her arms and legs she worked out. She was well built, and she was all his. He never dated a black girl before. Now he was married to one. His family wasn't prejudice but he still hopes his Uncle Peter didn't say anything he shouldn't.

"Come on in Derek the water is lovely and warm."

He jumps in the pool and they start racing each other. "I win," shouts Derek.

"Let me give you a kiss as a reward." Stiles kisses him passionately.

"We need to change and make our way to the casino."

"Derek are you a gambler?"

"I will always take a bet on you but no I'm not a gambler."

"Then let's just go for a romantic walk and then go to the restaurant."

When the meal was over Derek goes to pay the check. It was hundreds of pounds. He puts his credit card on the table and sighs heavily. He had never seen a bill that high in his life. He dreaded getting his credit card bill.

"Darling why not put it on this card instead." He looks down at the black card Stiles places on the table. It had his name on it. She picks up his credit card. He takes it from her and gives it to the server.

When they were outside, he turns to Stiles, "What was that in there. And why is there a credit card with my name on it?"

"I forgot to give you this. Since you work for the family now you get to use it. It has no limit."

"I can't take that."

"Yes you can and you get a salary as well. It will be in pounds not dollars. Please take the card it will come in very handy. Please take it I'm in no way trying to belittle you."

He takes the card from her, "Thank you."

"Is it true that there's really no limit on this?"

"It's true you just have to pay the amount in full every month."

"What's my salary."

"For now, a million pounds per year. When you become chairman, you choose your salary."

"I don't need a million pounds a year.  I was barely earning forty grand a year."

"I know but your job is different now. Which reminds me you can't tell your family you work for me. You will understand later. India has a security firm that we will tell your family you work at."

"Why all the secrets and lies?"

"To protect the secrets you don't know yet."

"Don't worry I won't tell them. They are going to bring me lunch from time to time."

"It's a real company that's not a problem but security is very tight there. They will need to let you know when they're coming."

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

The next day Stiles and Derek walk up to his three-bedroom house. "You know when I bought this place it was so my wife and kids," he stops talking.

They could what?" Ask Stiles.

"My kids would be playing in the backyard and my wife would be cooking while keeping an eye on them."

"That could still happen the house will always be yours."

Derek smiles sadly because he knew if they were going to live in London. It wasn't true. He carries Stiles over the threshold and put her gentle on her feet.

"Well Mrs Hale welcome home."

They walk into the living room hand in hand to hear, "Surprise."

There was a large group of people with smiles on their faces. Stiles looks at the strangers. She knew who all of them were of course. She studied all their files she knew the red head was his mother, Elena. The tall man with greying hair and kind eyes was his father, Pedro . The man looking at her with calculating eyes was his Uncle Peter.

Derek puts on arm around her waist, "Everyone this is my wife, Stiles."

His mother comes up to her and hugs her, "We are going to have a big wedding later of course."

Stiles smiles at her saying nothing for a moment. "It's nice to see you again Elena."

"How did you manage to date her for over six months and none of us knew?" Ask Peter. Stiles could tell he was going to be a problem.

"Actually, it was my idea I didn't want Derek to feel like he had to parade me in front of his family."

"He is parading you now isn't he," says a shrew, Peter.

"Technically uncle we didn't know you guys would be here."

"It's no matter lets enjoy this moment. What do you do for a living Stiles?" Ask Elena.

"I'm a doctor."

Peter who was looking calculating at Stiles suddenly looks impressed. "What kind of doctor?" He asks.

"Trauma but I can do woman's health as well."

"You're British what bought you to America?"

"Derek, he and I met on a dating site Laura."

"Trust Derek to get the doctor all the men I meet are unemployed."

"Oh Laura I'm sure the right one will come along soon," says Stiles.

"Your house looks really good Derek it clearly has had a woman's touch added to it. I love your sofa I went to look it up online and it's over ten grand."

"We can afford it," says Derek.

"You mean you," says Laura pointing at Stiles.

"Yes, me Laura," answers Stiles.

"Stop interrogating them and let's get this party started."

Grateful for his mother intervention Derek agrees. He sees some work colleagues from the station and some other friends in his living room.

After introducing Stiles to everyone he has a good look around the downstairs of his house. There were pictures of him and Stiles everywhere. Some of his furniture was changed out. His kitchen had better appliances. He wonders how India was able to do this in less than twenty-four hours. The place did look good even he had to admit that. Gone was the bright yellow paint in his living room which had now been painted in a neutral colour to match the furniture.

When the party was over and it was just them Derek shows Stiles around the house.