Chapter 12

"Look I can't force you to come with me but I can promise you some fresh donuts and a coffee."Derek smiles at her before staring down her husband.

The woman looks uncertain for a moment. The man tightens his grip on her. "You heard her she isn't going anywhere."

"Why don't we let your wife decide that for herself."

"She ain't going anywhere."

"What worry the X-rays will show old bruises are you?"

The man swings at Derek, "Thank you for your stupidity. You're under arrest for attempting to assault a police officer."

"I'll go with you to the hosptial."

The voice was so low Derek wonders for a moment if it was his imagination.

In the car Derek turns to the woman, "You need to leave him before the next time a cop comes calling. They take you out in a body bag."

"I want to go to my sister she lives in Tennessee.  I just don't have the funds to get there."

"He will just follow you there."

"He doesn't know where she lives I lied to him for years about my family."

"Get yourself checked out at the hosptial and I'll see if I can get you a ticket to where you want to go.  Go straight to the bus terminal straight after the hosptial since your husband will be angry you defied him."

"If you can help I'll go. He controls my money so I only have what he gives me."

"Let him keep your money it's a small price to pay to not have to see him again."

"I need to live,  luckily my sister promised me a job in the diner she owns."

"Explain your circumstances to her she will understand. I'm sure I can add a few bucks to your ticket. I need to see you go on the bus that's my only request."

Don't worry I'll leave him."

"Good."

Derek goes to the diner after making sure the woman leaves town.

His bank balance earlier to his surprise was five grand more than he knew he had. He gave it to the woman. He checked the online bank in England Stiles had him open an account with. It showed a balance of one million pounds.

  "Holy crap."

"What's wrong?" Ask Erica as she comes to his table with the coffee pot.

He shows her, "Well it's a bit low," she looks surprised at the balance.

"Are you blind never mind.  I'll take the baked potato with chilli to go and a piece of pecan pie for here."

"Good choice boss."

He sees Wendy walk into the diner, "I'll be in my cruiser."

"I'll bring it to you when it's ready."

"Thank you."

He goes to open his vehicle when he sees India sitting in the front seat of the car. He slides in next to her, "You are needed at headquarters sir."

"You mean your security company."

"No I mean London sir, "The is a war about to start with two countries and their leaders are in London. One officially the other on vacation."

"I can't just leave my job."

"Yes you can after you ate you got a bad case of food poisoning. You  will need at least a week off at work to recover."

"I see your point book the tickets for the both of us."

"Your wife  as well sir? And Erica is the one who works for you sir. I work for your wife."

"Stiles has a job to do here. When I come back here we will go on our honeymoon. I'll make it up to her then."

Derek calls Erica who books the tickets for her and Derek. "I have a secretary why isn't she booking the tickets?"

"She doesn't know where you currently are sir," answers India.

"You mean I shouldn't want her to know where I'm."

"That's the gist of it sir."

Derek looks at the blonde headed woman. It was hard to believe she and Stiles were related. After getting his meal he makes a show of taking a bit of his food in front of Erica. He gives her a tip and heads for Stiles house. "You're already packed sir we just need to get the suitcase from the house," explains India.

When they arrive at the airport Derek's passport was checked very quickly. He and Erica wait in the first class lounge.

"So this is what my life is now."

"Yup."

The trip to London was long but Derek was grateful for the first class tickets. He could stretch his legs and sleep in some comfort. I didn't know you had a British passport sir."

"I was born in London, I'm the only member of the family to be born there erica. Peter needed to be there for some weird reason which I have  forgotten and my mother and father went with him for support. It was suppose to be for a week it ended up being months and mum wasn't allowed to fly back to America."

"Yet you never changed it to an American one."

"I saw no reason to."

They arrive in London to rain, "What a stereotype." Derek rolls his eyes.

"The car is waiting for us outside the terminal."

Erica takes them to a black cab and Derek looks at the rows of black cabs. He was expecting a fancy car from the way she spoke. They get in the car and close the door. "Good evening sir I'm Adam your driver."

"It's nice to meet you Adam."

"And you sir I hope our working relationship will be a pleasant one."

So you're MY personal driver thinks Derek. I understand things better now. "I need to freshen up please take me to my accommodation."

"As you wish sir."

The cab pulls up in front of a magnificent town house. Derek was in awe no wonder there is security at the beginning of the road he thought. A member of staff opens the door at the sound of the vehicle. Derek looks at the man wearing a black suit in awe. "Good evening sir my name is Danvers I'm the head butler."

"It's nice to meet you Danvers. I'm tired from the flight please show me where I can freshen up."

"This way sir."

Derek follows him into the house and just as he thought it was tastefully decorated. He looks into a room with a large fire place.

"That's the drawing room sir."

"Why don't you give me a tour of this place before I freshen up."

"Of course sir."

The house had five floors with a swimming pool in the basement. Derek especially love the kitchen which had a large range oven and sleek appliances. When he was shown his bedroom he was open mouth. It was a replica of Stiles bedroom in her house. Pictures of him and her hang on the wall. There was one of them on their wedding day. Laughing in the dinner and one of them on the ride in Vegas. He smiles and goes to unpack only to see a maid already doing it. He takes a quick shower and change into a pair of pyjamas.