Chapter 25

"No Derek I don't think it was. The role of governor has secrets. Secrets that you and my brother kept from me ten years ago."

"You were in med school and guarding a princess you were pretty busy."

"Even I have secrets I keep from you my darling husband. It's how I keep our family safe."

"Speaking of which, do you that guy really knows what you look like?"

"If he wasn't confident he did he wouldn't have bought it up. The good news is he wouldn't have told anyone he wanted power. Telling someone else the secret would've diluted it."

"I have send all the heads of the mafia a little reminder to not take me for an idiot."

Stiles laughs, "Is that why you had the head of London done for the attempted kidnapping of his own child?"

"I don't give second chances Stiles and our friend told me the head of the London branch knows who you are."

She sits up and look him right in the eye, "Are you telling me. Someone from my team is a traitor?"

"Earlier I called all the heads and pretended I wanted to join their family. Two of them were too busy crowing about how they knew a big secret to ask me any proper questions."

"It would seem I've been too slack but Zack's words are coming back to me. Someone in the organisation is working against you."

"That was years ago Stiles and he's dead along with his parents."

"He was right my brother was clearly murdered by someone who knew where he would be."

"And we will find out who I promise you."

"I know you will. I need to go and read the riot act to and demote some people I'll see you in a bit."

Derek knocks on Danvers door, "I know it's late."

"And it's clearly important what can do for you?"

"The person my predecessor bought to the house did you take a picture of him by change. I mean you took head shops of everyone in the café today didn't you?"

Danvers smiles, "Thank you for the compliment sir and yes. I did take photos when the late master wasn't looking. My job is to protect the family after all."

"I need those photos."

"I sent it to Peter in case the late master"s guest ever thought I was more than a butler."

"And just like that you've earned yourself a raise. Your punishment still stands but well done."

Danvers wipes away a tear, Thank you sir."

"Goodnight then."

Derek wakes up to Stiles throwing up, "Good Morning I'll get you some ginger tea."

"Thank you," Stiles stands and rinse her mouth out then brush her teeth. Did I wake you?"

"No you didn't I can't hear you in the bathroom. By the way you only punished one man yesterday Derek."

"I had to make it seem that way but both heads of the London and Birmingham mafia has been replaced."

"That was fast."

"Not really there's always a standby for each head. Someone who's hungry for success and know to keep it they must tow the line."

"You and my brother are good in your roles."

"Thank you," Derek doesn't say anything about Stiles speaking as if Jamie was alive. "Why don't you shower and I'll order your tea."

"Thanks."

Derek orders Stiles tea and shower in his bathroom then change into a double breasted suit. Stiles walk out of her closet wearing a black jumper dress. She straightens his tie. You look lovely the green tie looks good on you."

"You look good too."

"My grandmother told me when she didn't remember who she really was she still remembered how to fight. How to hide a house from granddad. He knew about it of course. I never understood how it worked. Since I never suppress my memories. Seeing you slide into your role as the governor so effectively makes me understand grandmother better."

"I don't understand Stiles."

"I always thought it was weird you kept the skills from training but choose to forget everything else."

"I choose what to remember and forget."

"Speaking of which you have an appointment at nine. I know I said it already yesterday but Zac was right all those years ago. He knew who Jillian was and his real name."

"Stiles did you and Jamie not investigate it back then?"

"Jillian got in touch with him since he was a doctor taking a university degree that would qualify him to become a doctor."

"Isn't it funny both your ex and that guy is called Zac."

"It's a common American name isn't it?"

"True Stiles but I don't believe in coincidences and there's still a lot of unanswered questions. Like why is Wendy so interested in me?"

"There really is and I don't know Derek."

"I know Wendy isn't really interested in me at all and that was before I remembered who I was. Yes I thought she was in the beginning but looking back after remembering who I'm. Her interest in me started after my army training."

"Are you saying the widow Wendy may know who you really are?"

"I can't answer that Stiles but I've watched her go after other men in an attempt to make me jealous."

"I'm surprise you haven't done a background check on her already my darling husband."

"I've been somewhat lapse a pandemic is going on."

"I will forgive you this once and do the background check for you. I don't need to ask if she's being watched I know she is. That reminds me I need to get a report from India."

"Your ex is in prison by the way."

"You're really a vindictive person aren't you Derek?"

"He touched what was mine."

"Why is he in prison?"

"I remembered you saying before we got married how many times did we think someone was an Idiot only to be proven wrong to India. So I send one of our agents who is still working at the police station to follow him. You were right Zac was picked up selling arms to some very bad people."

"So he didn't need to marry me for my money he just wanted to kill me then."

"It would seem so my darling wife."