Chapter 9

"I work in the peace corp."

"Really I would've pegged you for a flight attendant.," says Stiles.

Lydia stares down at her plate, "I have been one in the past."

"Of course you have." Stiles gives her a bright smile but someone looking closely at her who knew her well would've known it was fake.

Erica comes to the table with their meal just as Derek's phone rings. He answers it. "We need to go darling.   Erica can we have these to go please."

"Darling that thing we were talking about earlier has happened."

Stiles twigs, "I need to get some swimsuits before we go home okay."

"That's not a problem," replies Derek.

They leave the diner and Derek fills Stiles in on the phone call. "He has been caught in our house. That's very good news."

"He has been arrested for breaking and entering.  Of course I'm his nephew so he has a key to my place."

"I know you Derek he doesn't have a key to your place your mother does but not him. Unless he cut her keys and copy it."

"The sly son of a.. Did they find anything at the other family members houses?"

"They're still searching Derek."

Stiles open her bag and takes a bite of her burger. "This is really good you weren't kidding."

Derek cuts his eyes at her then concentrates on the road ahead. "You have a look what is that look?  You look way to happy to hear he's been arrested. Wait a minute that means he could have planted something in my car has well."

"It's clean it was checked over while we were in the diner."

"You are very devious wife." They arrive home and start cleaning up broken glass from where Peter had broken a pane to get in. "Who are all these people in my house?" Ask Derek.

"They're here to give it a once over and to check for fingerprints that type of thing."

"The police would have done that already Stiles."

"Oh Derek I can't wait to show you the toys. As I was saying they're checking for fingerprints. A man who breaks into a house is desperate for something not to be found he planted there.  This house is creeping me out now what do you say to moving?"

"What about spending vocations here?"

"I meant as a temporary measure. I don't thing Peter found what he was looking for. Or else the cops would've mentioned finding something to us. Let him think the coast is clear,  when he finds out we have moved he will try again."

"Or get someone to try for him. It's a genius idea wife.  Okay I see why you say husband like that it's a turn on."

Someone clears their throat, "Lydia heard I would be driving by and insisted I give you this apple pie Stiles."

Stiles takes it from Erica and takes a bite, "It's still warm and it taste really good."

"Derek why is that fifty something widow telling everyone she is in her early forties?"

"Her driving license says she is only forty-two Stiles.

"She  is fifty-five Derek."

"Wow this town is full of liars."

"Yes it is and people go on about London. Wait after the police searched the house. Our people went over this house again right Erica? Just in case Peter didn't find what he was searching for. If he has corrupt police men working with him.  They could accidentally leave couple bugs and cameras here."

"I know Stiles and we are looking into it. I know our people will work even harder to make sure they don't miss anything. I take it you want to move to the other house."

"Yes I do."

We will move you boss while you're having dinner at hubby's parents house."

After spending most of the afternoon packing Stiles and Derek goes to his parents place for dinner. His mother takes one look at his face and hugs him. "I'm sorry this has happened our places had bugs and cameras too."

"Stiles and I are moving out for a while. I have not been married a week and my uncle has put my marriage under strain."

"We are not all like him I promise you Stiles. It would be best if you don't tell us the new address.  In case he follows one of us to your new place."

"New place?" Ask Laura as she makes her way to the door.

"Stiles and I are moving out ."

"I'm not surprise as a woman in a new town she would be scared. Heck any of us would be."

"Don't just stand there come in," his mother moves so they could enter the house."

"Mum has been bragging to everyone her new daughter in law is a doctor. You worked at Chelsea and West Minister hosptial in London right Stiles?" Ask Laura.

"Yes and I still do I'm only here for a few months please keep that location as a secret."

"Will do, Derek you're a dark horse aren't you. A marriage and quitting your job in two days.'

"Dang Laura this town loves to gossip.'

"Yes we do Stiles. Wait you're leaving Derek behind to go back to London?"

"Laura dear I think Derek quit his job so he could go with her."

Startled by her mother's words Laura breaks down in tear, "It's not for a while yet big sister."

Dinner that night Peter aside was very pleasant Stiles walks into her house and drops on the sofa. "How is it only coming up to eight o'clock. "I'm beat why am I so tired?"

"Because it's been a tiring day."

"While you're here know that you're safe. This place is secured within an inch of its non existent life."

"That's good to know I just want a hot chocolate and a hot shower."

"Go have your shower and I'll get the staff to make us hot chocolate."

"Did you just say staff?"

"Yep there's a living housekeeper here. She goes everywhere with me."

"Except Vegas."

"She was there. She is actually a bodyguard come housekeeper."

"I'm sure she's nice, right now I just want to shower and lay in bed with my beautiful wife."

Suddenly shy Stiles smiles bashfully at him."That can be arranged.