1 𖤐 beauty

LA , 1981

It's a casual night at the sunset strip, like any other. Band players and horny men sitting at tables, drinking alcohol, trying to get with every hot girl they see, and in-fact I'm one of the girls that most of them try and get with. Most nights, I do dances and sometimes deliver drinks. Being a stripper can be a bit stressful sometimes, but you've got the cash and the gifted drugs to calm you down. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. The sunset is one of the best places to be in LA. The streets are roamed with rockstars, the whiskey a go go is just down the roads, it's a colourful place, the perfect place to be.

-

Like I said, it's another casual night, well was another casual night which I'll never forget.

The colourful lights were flashing all over the large room. Music blaring and my main concentration was on the pole. It was my night to dance and I could finally let out my energy. I'd taken one or two lines of cocaine before my dance to calm my nerves. I always knew that in this club there were way more prettier women than me, so that's why I use cocaine at work to concentrate on myself.

A couple minutes after I started dancing, notes of money were already being thrown on me. Guess tonight was going to be a good one.

-

Half way through my time of dancing, I felt someone new coming towards the stage. I didn't look over straight away as I thought it was just some ordinary guy, but I guess it wasn't.

When I looked up and caught my breath, a guy was standing there, an oddly familiar guy. He had long black hair which looked like it hadn't been taken care of in weeks. He had smudged eyeliner all around his eyes. He was definitely your average stoner rockstar. I've noticed his flyers around town for the whisky a go go. I also heard from a few of the girls at the strip that their band is amazing, and they certainly get through a lot of girls.

I took my eyes off him and continued to dance but I could feel his eyes glued on to my view. I knew the cocaine was starting to wear off since I started to concentrate on the guy who was drooling over me instead of my actual job.

We made eye contact a lot of times which created goose bumps all over my tanned skin. Guys like him were like many other guys I've dealt with. They're band players who are always high or drunk then after they've finished their show, they come to the closest strip club and try to fuck the first girl they see, then they'll never talk to you again. I've been with a lot of them, and they're all the same.

The last couple of minutes of my dance was torture. My hands were sweaty against the pole, I couldn't take my eyes off that guy and I barley recognised all the money that had been thrown at me.

It was finally over and I rushed to the dressing rooms before anyone could say anything.

I stood in front of my mirror, panting heavily and my hands burning. I quickly got the baggie from my bag which contained delicate white powder. I poured some on to the table, creating a line then snorting it with a rolled up note. My head rolled back, my breathing slightly calming as well as my thoughts.

I got changed into my normal clothes, leather pants and a leopard print crop top. I couldn't be asked to do anything else as I just wanted to go home and fall asleep but I doubt I'd be able to with the cocaine in my system.

I flipped my bag on to my shoulder and walked out. As I was walking through the strip, looking at the floor, I bumped straight into a guy.

"Sorry." I mumbled before looking up at the guy. I froze at the sight of the familiar emerald eyed guy who was here not long ago.

"Hey." He smiled, completely ignoring the fact I'd bumped into him. But god that grin was making me go crazy inside even though I didn't know him.

"Umm hi." I stared.

"Nikki." He struck his hand out in front of me.

"Y/n." I weirdly looked at him, shaking his hand before waking away as he walked with me.

"So uh you work here?" He said, trying to make a conversation.

"Yeah no shit, I've worked here for like a year or two." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh that's cool." He said.

"Okay what do you want Nikki?" I said, annoyed.

"Well...I was wondering if I could take you out sometime." He said nervously.

I stopped walking, slowly turning around to face him. I know going out with a band guy like him wasn't worth it. He'd just take me out to get me drunk or high, then take me home to fuck, then never talk to me again. I've done it enough times to know. I want a guy who'd be loyal to me and won't just fuck me and move on to the millionth girl. Guys like Nikki just fucked women and got through about 5 of them a day because girls never say no to guys like them.

"Look Nikki. You seem like a cool guy but I know I'm just going to be like every other girl you've fucked." I said before turning away, attempting to walk away before he could tag along again.

"What. No it's not like that. You're just one of the most sexiest chicks I've ever seen." He whined. Pathetic.

"That's no helping your case."

"Okay sorry." He mumbled.

He continued to follow me until we got to a sharp turn and he grabbed my wrist, getting tired of the rejection.

"Y/n, please can I just take you out. You're one of the prettiest girls I've seen in LA so far and it'd be a wasted opportunity not to take you out. Please just give me a chance." He said, staring at me with puppy dog eyes.

I glanced at him, not knowing what to say. Yeah it wouldn't be so bad going on a date with him, but I just don't want to be screwed over for the millionth time.

"You'll just have to wait, Nikki." I said before slowly walking away.

"That's fine, I'll come to the sunset every night until you finally let me take you out. I'll wait."

I turned around for the last time, staring at him blankly. I mean it would be fun to watch him beg but could I really say no now? I contemplated my decision before walking up to him, grabbing a pen out my bag.

I grabbed his hand which was decorated with rings and quickly scribbled my number.

'626598804, don't call me'

We both exchanged a smirk until I walked away, leaving him.

I was a bit angry at myself for giving into another band guy when I could've had the opportunity to make him whine and know what it really feels like if he really wanted to take someone out. But even if he does just screw me over, it's not like I'd see him again, and I wasn't really planning to.