3) Breaking News: the 2 MCs have startled the hell out of each other

Alberu sat on his bed, legs crossed. His aunt had suggested he start training once a week at night time, to get ahead of his brothers. She made sure to limit him to only once a week, since he already didn't get a healthy amount of sleep.

The trouble lay in where to do it.

He couldn't openly train outside, since there were eyes watching the palace at all times, both friend and foe. He couldn't do it in the dark elf village since it was too far, and teleportation scrolls cost too much to use two every time for a round trip.

He also didn't have an underground training room or a personal one which was hidden from outside interference. It was true that he could use magic to seal off one of the daytime training halls, but he hadn't practised much since his mother's last death anniversary, and it was too weak to evade the trained guards' heightened senses.

As a solution, he had sent one of the disguised dark elves to search for a proper training area— whether that be a forest clearing, or a random cave. As long as it was large and flat enough, and private, it could work.

The personal communication device gifted to him by his aunt lit up dully to show that a message had been sent. It looked like the dark elf had found a place.

Opening up the message, all that was written were the words 'good closeby area' and a set of coordinates for a teleportation scroll.

If this area fit his needs and was close enough, he could sprint there every week without complaint. Entering the coordinates into the scroll, Alberu closed his eyes and ripped it in one go.

Where he appeared was not what he expected.

'Uh- did they send the wrong coordinates? This looks like a noble's residence.'

The walls and paintings were expensive looking, and the flooring was also rich in appearance. As Alberu studied the surroundings without moving, something spooked him to his core.

Somewhere behind him was the sound of panicked breathing.

He wasn't alone in the room.

He slowly turned his head just enough to look behind him, where a child around his age laid, breathing fast and shallow breaths. Someone appearing in your bedroom should've been a justified cause to freak out, but the kid wasn't even looking in Alberu's direction.

He was staring with wide eyes at something across the room. Even though he was obviously panicked, the kid also wasn't moving. Alberu was confused at the conflicting details.

Because of his momentary shock and disorientation, Alberu spoke without a filter.

"Are you okay?"

The kid's eyes opened even wider, if that was possible, but he otherwise didn't move.

Alberu realized what he had just done, but it was too late. Slapping his hand as if to cover his loud mouth, Alberu stared at the kid, eyes just as wide.

He was in his dark elf form so as to not reveal his identity if someone were to see him, but staring at this stranger was extremely nerve wracking. He didn't even know who this kid was!

The darkness and pillows covered most of the child's face from view, and all colors were distorted into purple and gray tones. He looked no older than 10, but that didn't narrow it down at all, he really had no clue as to who in the world this kid was.

Alberu really just broke into a stranger's bedroom, completely by accident.

___

"Are you okay?"