35) Alberu regrets feeding Cale's alcohol addiction lol

"......"

Cale's expression flipped from confused to irritated to annoyed and back to confused in record time. He had just been heading out of his room with a pack of clothes, when a familiar face appeared directly around the corner.

He nearly bumped into this person, but his reflexes had luckily activated on their own.

"Haaaa."

Alberu Crossman let out a large sigh of relief. It had taken forever to find this slippery bastard who kept moving from area to area many times during the past hour. His eyes stuck to the bundle of clothes Cale was holding, and a little anxiety spiked within him.

Meanwhile, Cale was awkwardly waiting for the crown prince to say something.

'Why the hell is this guy always around? Is he seriously a stalker or what? Not even my own family sees me this often!'

"A, ahem. Young master Cale, It's good that you have recovered somewhat, but you are still sick."

"...Okay, goodbye."

Cale swiftly walked around the corner, sliding past Alberu, who had a strange look on his face. Suddenly, a hand halted his shoulder.

"Mister Cale, I would appreciate it if you participated in a small conversation with me. For a moment."

'??? Why?! Leave me alone, you are drawing too much attention in this hallway! I'm supposed to be a trash! A trash!'

But instead of saying this, Cale furrowed his eyebrows together and tested his luck.

"Agh, and I would appreciate a bottle of wine right now. So annoying, can't it wait?"

Alberu didn't even blink at the rude tone, and responded instantly. "Red or white?"

Cale's expression soured. This was not how the crown prince was supposed to react. But then again...

"... Red, but I'll only comply for as long as the bottle lasts."

He was a bit curious. Plus, finishing the bottle in less than three minutes would earn him a believable drunk façade which he could use to ignore anyone he wanted for the next couple hours.

Alberu smiled a bit, only to realize that A, he didn't have any wine, and B, he was not in his palace right now. There was no proper meeting place.

Cale stared at him expectantly before sighing and walking back down the hallway. It was the same one he fainted in earlier that day. He was better now because of top tier medicines and potions, but he was still experiencing lingering symptoms.

So, his headache and chills were thoroughly ignored as he led the crown prince towards a suitable area for talking, completely unaware that the maids who were eavesdropping had misinterpreted this situation as well.

They knew perfectly well that the room Cale was leading Alberu to was none other than his bedroom.

The short walk lasted for only one minute, but Alberu didn't question what the destination was. He hadn't remembered that he had been in this very hallway just that morning, and that Cale had been wearing pajamas.

And that meant that he did not know that this was Cale's bedroom either.

Click. The door swung open with Cale taking the lead.

Bam! Alberu's memories slapped him in the face. Now he knew what room this was. The layout and furniture had not changed in over seven years.

"Sure, take all the time you need."

Alberu snapped out of his thoughts after hearing Cale's blunt voice. He awkwardly entered the room, closing the door behind him and secretly putting up a soundproof barrier in advance. He could sense a couple maids inching closer to the door and did not want more rumors to spawn.