13) Cale needs a helping hand. Preferably a left one.

A/n: Some of this is copy paste from the novel, but it's edited and important for story flow. Credit to Yoo Ryeo Han for those parts.

Includes slightly graphic violence

BAAAAM!

...

Cale was sure he heard the explosion behind him. It couldn't have been more than 15 feet away. Why could he not feel anything?

'Ah, My head hurts...'

His feet and lungs hurt as well. Cale slowly went through every body part, checking for signs of injury.

He had all his toes, both his legs were good, so were his hips and torso, his body felt wet for some reason, but overall everything seemed okay. He didn't think he had missed anything.

Until he tried to stand up, and then he remembered!

"Ah—"

Silly him, he forgot to check both arms!

Right arm, elbow, and wrist, check. Also five fingers as well, all good over there.

Left arm, elbow, and wrist, gone! And so are all five fingers!

Now that he looked at his left side, he knew why he felt wet, it was because of all the blood! He had probably lost a lot of it, as his internal monologue was a little loopy, and his balance was fucked, but he still had common sense.

Using some fabric he found on the ground and a shard of wood, he tied a makeshift tourniquet like his mother always taught him, and looked around for his hyung.

'Oh, there he is. Who could sleep during a bombing? The ground doesn't look comfortable with all the glass and rubble, he'll get a headache.'

Eric Wheelsman was face down on the ground, but he was still breathing and had all his limbs still, so Cale ignored him for the time being.

Gilbert was also fine, and Amiru was in the process of helping him up, so Cale ignored them too.

He finally started looking around. Most of his senses had come back, not including his sense of pain of course, so he could once again hear the loud combined noises of screaming, explosions, and falling buildings.

Half of the remaining Royal Knights and mages were working to calm the crowd and find the cause of the explosions, while the other half was rushing toward the secret organization. The man, who had been laughing for a while now, started to speak.

"This is annoying"

Someone was tampering with his mana bombs so that they were slightly delayed or weaker than usual.

At his command, all of the secret organization members other than himself started to launch long-range attacks. Spears, daggers, and throwing knives; all sorts of attacks started to pour down upon the knights.

Boom!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiing-

Beeeeeeeep.

Cale found it very loud. At the same time, the other noble's panicked yelling reached his already strained ears.

"We should go as well! We should go!"

"Hey, hurry up!"

"Come on, leave everything, just run!"

"What are you doing? Hurry up and let us go!"

"Let us out right now!"

The nobles were fighting to get out of the plaza as quickly as possible. Of course, there were a couple calm ones as well. However, it was different underneath the platform.