32) COUGH-shirtless Cale-COUGH COUGH

It was rare whenever Alberu Crossman did not know what to do in a situation, but now definitively counted as a time where he was completely lost.

This was the second time he had caught an unconscious Cale Henituse from falling to the ground, only this time he was less bloody. Everything had happened too fast for him to register.

Earlier today, the heroes had checked in and said their goodbyes after wrapping up the discussions of a magic tower. After they had left, the king had dropped by his office, waiting for Alberu to finish some paperwork before they discretely left for the Henituse county.

Alberu had been minding his own business, walking to the garden while his father talked with the count, when he heard loud sounds and the door suddenly opened. To his surprise, an ill-looking Cale Henituse stumbled forward.

He was wearing pajamas, but the shirt was open, revealing a large scar on his side with several smaller ones littering his chest. His face was flushed as if he had been drinking, and he was also panting heavily. There was something clear dripping off of his clothes, hair, and skin, that looked a lot like water.

He had stumbled out of the doorway squinting, walked two steps forward, and then wobbled dangerously as Alberu had quickly walked up to him. His spidey senses were tingling.

So, Cale Henituse was being propped up in Alberu's arms yet again. Perhaps it was because of the exposed torso, but Alberu noticed that he was much thinner than the last time they had been in this predicament.

'... He doesn't seem well?'

Even as he was unconscious, his breathing was labored and his skin felt abnormally hot. His hair was sticking to his forehead as well, making Alberu think that maybe it was sweat and not water that was dripping from his neck and chest.

Cale Henituse looked like he had a severe fever.

'Where are the servants?'

Alberu glanced down both hallway directions, but no servants could be seen. This was strange, shouldn't one or two be somewhere nearby a noble at all times in case of assistance?

Actually, shouldn't someone have noticed he was sick before this? Where was his butler? Alberu looked down at him for a moment, before sighing.

"Haaa. You know, you are the only one getting free rides like this, and you aren't even aware of it."

Alberu leaned down and picked him up the same way as during the plaza incident, and started walking down the hallway trying to find a servant.

...

After a total of four minutes of walking, one was finally located. She must have been just switching rooms to clean, as this maid was standing in the hallway by her trolley without moving.

Alberu flashed his political smile in advance.

"Excuse me, I believe young master Cale is in need of assistance."

The maid turned around at his voice, and her eyes went wide as she realized who Alberu was. He thought for a moment that it was strange how she wasn't looking at Cale at all, but then she did.

"Oh! Of course, right away! Um, please follow me to the infirmary, your highness!"

'So eager, I wonder why nobody was near the hallway earlier. Ah, they must have been switching shifts for the early lunch breaks, it's almost 10:30.'

Alberu continued to carry Cale through the hallways, eventually setting him down on a medical bed inside the infirmary. As he did so, the same physician that shone a light in his eyes last time walked through the doors. His frown turned Upside Down the second he noticed Alberu.