5) Vacuum Cleaner? Nah, full time maid

"Need something? Or are you just checking for dust?"

"..."

This situation made no sense.

Who in their right mind would possibly respond to a suspicious intruder with blatant annoyance and sarcasm?

"What's wrong? I thought you talked just fine last night."

Alberu Crossman was baffled yet again by his nonchalance.

"I, uh... I was looking for something of mine. This was the last place I had it."

It was true; his mother's favorite ring, which he always wore, had disappeared. He remembered fiddling with it the last time he accidentally teleported here, and so he had plugged in the same coordinates and teleported again.

He really thought no adults would be around at night, and the kid would probably be asleep by this time.

Everything would've gone as planned if Alberu wasn't so clumsy.

"Then, I guess I'll look for it with you."

"Really?"

Alberu was surprised at a child being this kind—

"No, unless you explain who or what you are in return."

There it was. Honestly, what was Alberu expecting. This was indeed a noble's child.

'Damn, I don't have a good answer...'

He could always try manipulating this child. It was morally frowned upon, but he couldn't say 'dark elf' or 'the first prince of the royal family'.

"I... don't have a name."

"Are you human?"

'...What do I say to that?'

If Alberu said no, the child would ask what race he was, but Alberu was obviously not human.

'Didn't he see my ears?'

Ah, he had his cloak hood up still. Well, there really was no good answer to the boy's question anyway.

"Uh, maybe."

Cale stared in confusion at the stranger who was fiddling with his fingers again.

'Is he not human? How could a person not know their race?'

"Well, whatever. Just don't blame me if we don't find it. I don't steal, even if I am a kid."

Alberu thought that he was very blunt. Usually someone would not say something to imply they were a thief. For some reason, it made Alberu trust the boy that much more.

"Alright. I'll search over by the window again."

He waited for a quick response, but was met with silence. This boy was not only blunt, but rude as well.

...

They searched the entire room twice before taking a break.

Cale leaned against the bed, and Alberu the wall. They faced each other, occasionally making thin conversation.

Soon, Alberu would have to leave or else the palace staff would find out about his absence and alert the entire royal family.

But he didn't really want to go back.

Even on the hard and uncomfortable floor, chatting with someone who did not respect him in the slightest was extremely freeing. He found himself laughing out loud at the smallest jokes, and feeling like none of his other burdens existed.