30) Choi Han cameo? Whaaaat? (Also told u it wasn't mpreg)

Now that all mana was disabled, her feminine voice echoed through the cell and out into the hallway.

"...How...?"

Jennifer could only stare up in shock at the person she loved. How did he figure it out? How did he know? Would he hate her now? Is that why his face was contorting in such foreign emotion?

'It was him wasn't it... fuck, wasn't the poison supposed to last longer?'

Even after a victim would wake up, they would experience severe gaps in their memory for a few weeks prior. Someone would have to have a monstrous resistance to poison for them to wake up this early, but Jennifer could only think of one explanation.

Cale Henituse must have woken up and produced information about the skin masks.

Alberu was looking at her with betrayal because of Cale. Because of one trash bastard, everything was ruined.

Alberu was supposed to love her, but out of the blue, the biggest disgrace in the kingdom had proposed to her Alberu. Cale Henituse had even slept in his bedroom before. Her Alberu would never allow that, it made no sense!

Kidnapping Cale was the obvious answer. That way Alberu would forget about him.

She had known Alberu since he was eleven! She had been there for him every time his mother's death anniversary rolled around! She had been there, guarding his palace, for a whole twelve years! He looked at her with fondness and adoration, so why were his eyes feeling so cold now?

What changed?

'Ah...'

It was Cale Henituse who changed everything. From the moment he and Alberu met, eye contact was thrown around constantly. She had seen them glancing back and forth at every palace noble gathering. Her Alberu's eyes had always found their way back to that fucking trash.

When she had walked in on them on the balcony, she had hoped it was simply a meaningless drunk act, nothing more! But her gut had always told her that that was not the case.

Even kidnapping hadn't kept them apart. She had gladly burdened herself with the risky kidnapping of a rich noble, and it was all for her Alberu's love.

So why?

"Hah! I always knew you had feelings for me, but I didn't think that you would be crazy enough to do the things you have done."

Why was Alberu looking at her like she was a filthy maggot crawling over his nice things?

'He knew? Yes, of course he knew, that- that's why he's finally acknowledging it! We can finally be together now that he realize—!'

Her desperate thoughts were cut off by Alberu's chilled voice.

"Throw her in the lower level dungeons. Replace her clothes with ones bearing proper magic disruption spells, and reduce the quality of her meals."

Alberu felt stupid for not noticing. The first time that Jennifer had ever taken a break from work matched up perfectly with the day Cale Henituse disappeared. If only he had been a little more observant.

If only he had noticed, then Cale would have been safe.

'No... If I had noticed her lunacy early, she wouldn't have been captured in this dungeon. It is just unfortunate that Cale Henituse got caught up in the situation.'

Alberu momentarily closed his eyes as he listened to Jennifer being taken to a different cell. Her screams and struggles echoed in the hallway, eventually fading out. For a solid two minutes, Alberu stood there, rethinking this situation again and again.