26) When misunderstandings cause Kidnapping, mental trauma, & attempted murder😅

A/n: includes slightly graphic violence

Cale was confused, anxious, panicked, and extremely caught off guard. Various voices sounded out, but everything seemed to play out in slow motion.

Not even five minutes before this, he was calmly talking with Hans... or whoever that guy was. Then, out of nowhere the guy switched up his tone. Cale remembered their conversation clearly.

"C, Cale...  Since this all happened because of what you d, did to his highness, you should take responsibility."

"...Fine. I'll get us out of here, so don't panic."

"No, n, no. Just promise to never go near his highness ever again. No more attending noble gatherings, or even royal summons. Swear on your f, family name."

Cale was confused. Why was this so important to Hans? But nonetheless, Cale hesitantly started to agree with him. If they were both kidnapped because of what Cale had done to the crown prince, that meant these kidnappers were likely to be sent by said prince's underlings.

He had thought that Alberu had recognized him as the boy from his memories, but that was definitely a delusion. Cale had been tipsy at the time, so Alberu had merely thought of him as a crazy drunkard who dared assault royalty.

That would explain this entire situation. Yes, it must be true.

"I swea—"

"No, wait, swear on your life."

Cale was surprised at how serious Hans was, but something in his voice seemed a bit different. What was it... Obsession? Was that the right word?

But Cale still complied. He owed this much to Hans, and he hated noble gatherings anyway.

This just gave him another reason to avoid them.

And even if he broke it, it wasn't a vow of death or anything like that. ... Actually, even if it was, his life wasn't that valuable anyway. Anyone on the street would wish for his death if they knew the situation. Nobles included.

He would simply be putting everyone's minds at ease. An annoying eyesore would suddenly disappear for good.

It would be a dream come true.

"I swear on my life, I'll avoid him."

"Good, I feel better knowing that. But at the same time... the second you escape from here, where will you go?"

"The mansion... Where else would I go?"

A moment of silence overtook the room. Faint sounds could be heard somewhere behind him but he brushed it off as the wind.

"What about the Palace of Joy? You've been there before... you have slept in the crown prince's bedroom... eaten lunch with him and the king... your families met as well... Fuck... It's true, isn't it?"

Cale sweatdropped a bit at Hans' strange words. He didn't recall sleeping in his highness' bedroom, but the other two were true. This kind of behavior was extremely weird for Hans.

Why did he care so much about Cale and the crown prince? Actually, how did he even know all these things?

"...What is true? I don't understand what you're saying."

Had Hans gone crazy from blood loss? Cale looked towards Hans' arm.

There was no blood splatter.

Cale glanced down as far as he could. The only thing on the floor was mud and water.

There was no blood there either.