11) 👀 👀 Pt. 2 (Alberu~)

A/n: Some of this is copy paste from the novel, but it's edited and important for story flow. Credit to Yoo Ryeo Han for those parts.

Sometime before the royal family entrance...

"Auntie, am I really cut out for this?"

"Haha, just stand still so I can straighten it properly."

"..."

"Oh, you were being serious?"

"Haaa. Just fix my coat."

"Alberu, you are the most qualified person I know. You have worked harder than all your siblings combined, and without backing from the royal family at that. Your question is a stupid one."

"... I guess you're right."

A disguised Tasha stared at her nephew with an unimpressed look as she finished adjusting his coat. She brushed nonexistent dust off his shoulder and walked past him, her confident voice ringing throughout the large office.

"I'm dead serious, you know. I couldn't have done what you did. None of it was an understatement."

Alberu just looked down at his shoes. For some reason her praise didn't affect him as much as it used to. Like some part of him knew she might be lying.

He was forced to raise his face when a finger lifted his chin gently.

"Keep your head up high... Gosh, how are you so handsome like this as well, it's not fair."

"Hah, you say that like multiple palace attendants haven't expressed their fancy for you."

"You're one to talk, your stack of unanswered marriage proposals are nearly as tall as me! Mr Never-getting-married has no right to talk to me about love. Plus...It's true, I look like an average human in this form! All my extravagant beauty has dissipated, it's so depressing!"

Alberu watched in amusement as his aunt dramatically flopped a hand over her forehead. She really was good at making him feel better. A quick glance at the clock brought his worries back however, even if they were at half strength now.

"Haaa, it's nearly time. How do I look?"

"..."

"What?"

Tasha could not ignore the obvious resemblance he had with his mother. She studied his features with nostalgic melancholy. They really were so similar. But she knew if she mentioned her, that his mood would sink again, even if he tried to hide it.

"Stunning, my dear nephew. No one in the kingdom could ever compare."

"Hmm, then it is good enough. And just in time, too."

"Ah, is it that time already? Well I wish you the best of luck."

4:50 pm. It was time for him to start heading towards the meeting hall which should be filled with nobles by now.

Walking out of his office, he quickly greeted his small entourage of underlings and attendants that would accompany him to the hall.

As he started walking towards the correct room, he came across the second and third princes who were also heading to the same destination, with their respective people as well.

Their conversation was short and uncomfortable, just like usual.

"Oh, your highness, you're here right on time, as expected."

"Punctual as always. Let's walk together, since we're all here."

"Sure."

Soon enough, they came across the large double doors to the hall. They all glanced at the clock. One more minute to go.