8) Cale Shows up to the grand noble meeting and plays fun mind games

A/n: Some of this is copy paste from the novel, but it's edited and important for story flow. Credit to Yoo Ryeo Han for those parts.

"Ahem. Mm! Young master Neo, it has been a while."

Eric immediately moved in between Cale and Neo. Neo's eyes seemed to be defeated.

He thought he had found a good prey, but it was now difficult to hunt this prey with Eric Wheelsman present.

"Yes, young master Eric. I hope you have been well."

Neo greeted Eric that way before also greeting young lady Amiru and young master Gilbert. He then saw them all standing in front of Cale, and clicked his tongue.

'I guess they are protecting him. Even if he is trash, he is still on their side after all.'

Neo decided not to do anything after seeing the three of them protecting Cale. Eric noticed Neo's intent, and slowly turned around to look at Cale.

Neo's gaze turned to Cale as well.

"Mm."

Neo then subconsciously let out a groan.

Cale was quietly looking down at Neo with his arms crossed. Cale's eyes were extremely scornful. He had not said anything to Neo since earlier on, but his gaze and his body language said everything that needed to be said.

'Classless fool.'

It made Neo think about the gaze Venion used to look at him. Even though Neo was angry when Venion looked at him with such a gaze, he consoled himself by saying it was the look of a higher ranking noble and let it go.

Cale turned away after watching Neo's shaking pupils for a while, and looked behind him.

He glanced at the scattered nobles arriving in their carriages who were watching the scene before heading toward the palace entrance.

Eric Wheelsman watched Cale walk away like a proud brother. He was thinking that the letters he sent every day must have worked.

On the other hand, Gilbert and Amiru watched Cale with curious expressions. Cale Henituse, the man who used to only wear flashy clothes, chose to wear a simple black outfit without any accessories. Even his red hair was clean and shining from the sun.

What they didn't know was that he forgot to dress as he usually did now that Ron had left, plus comfortable clothes felt better on his injuries from Choi Han than expensive layered ones.

They wondered if it was because Cale was not drunk.

Each of Cale's steps looked relaxed and calm.

He wasn't, he was just tired. He actually had a lot of anxiety about what might happen when he gets stuck in a stuffy room full of royalty and nobles watching his every move.

Amiru and Gilbert watched Cale turn around once he got to the palace entrance.

Cale's gaze, that seemed to be beckoning them over, was the most curious thing for them.

"Young master Neo, I will see you inside. Young lady Amiru and young master Gilbert, let us go."

Eric was watching Cale proudly, but Amiru and Gilbert had an even stranger sensation when the three of them stood in front of Cale.

Cale looked at the two confused people, as well as the proud Eric, and started to speak.

"Let's go."

The three of them followed Cale into the palace. Gilbert and Amiru's odd sensation continued to grow the farther they followed Cale. Cale did not care however, and decided he would use these three people as much as he could today.