23) Emergency report this mf

A/n: Includes mentions of torture

"Now that you've seen this, do you really think I'm a pushover?"

"..."

The baron walked closer while reaching for his handiwork. He heavily invaded Cale's personal space because of that.

"Heh, so, now that I've shown you what I can do, you lower your head? You act like a tough bastard yet cower in my presence? How laughab—"

"...Foul."

The baron, despite pushing his face close to Cale's, couldn't quite hear his mumblings. He suddenly yanked Cale's hair back to make him look upwards, before raising his voice even further.

"What was that, you pathetic trash?"

Cale stared down his nose at the baron, cocked his head a bit to the side, and conjured a not-so-subtle smirk.

"I lowered my head because of how foul your breath is, you son of a bitc—"

Slap!

His eyes reflexively started watering at the short stinging sensation. His cheek throbbed for a bit, but it was tolerable. His head actually hurt more than his cheek from being whipped to the side so far whilst being held onto. His hair felt like it would rip out of his head if this continued.

'This is nothing. What a weak slap, he couldn't hit as hard as Choi Han if he tried. This is much easier to endure than that bastard's punches.'

"Hah. Try again."

Slap!

Cale was surprised at how eager the baron was. He seemed to have held his grudge very earnestly.

This time Cale moved his face to look back towards the baron. He held his breath as he did so, as the guy's breath was indeed horrible.

"I said try again. Does that even count as an attempt?"

Grit.

The baron was extremely easy to anger. Even though the situation was like this, Cale did not mind getting slapped by an inferior person. In a way, he enjoyed slowly getting under the baron's skin. Once again, his habit of wanting to defy expectations pulled through.

If Baron Crassterd wanted him to bow his head, cry, plead for mercy, or even ask what he did to deserve this, Cale was simply not going to do that. In fact, he would take it one step further and do the exact opposite.

Slap!

'Ah... this time it was the left side.'

This slap had drawn blood, thanks to the baron's nails nicking his cheek. He wouldn't be surprised if it got infected later. Nasty bastard.

"H, hik!"

'There's also that...'

Cale didn't particularly want Hans to become this bastard's target. All his life Cale had gotten used to both physical and verbal fights. He was experienced and had the state of mind which helped him persevere.

But Hans lived in the mansion every day. He ate three full meals a day, slept comfortably, and enjoyed his life more than a little. Such a happy person had gotten kidnapped thanks to Cale's actions.

He couldn't let Hans get hurt on his behalf either. Cale was determined to keep the baron's attention completely on him. No matter what happened to him, for once in his life he had the chance to protect someone.

And Cale Henituse wasn't one to waste chances like this.

"Such a weak arm! The only way you can cause any damage is by using your girly nails, tsk. No wonde—"