12) His Majesty's 50th birthday party caused quite the explosive reaction.

A/n: Some of this is copy paste from the novel, but it's edited and important for story flow. Credit to Yoo Ryeo Han for those parts.

Includes slightly graphic violence

"Cale."

Cale turned his head at Eric's calling. He could see the full Plaza of Glory behind their shoulders.

"Young master Cale, let us go. It is our turn to enter the plaza."

The nobles had a spot higher than the normal citizens of the kingdom. Today Cale was going to sit up there in place of Basen, who was still sick. However, he was still at the bottom compared to the royal family and the holy priests.

Cale looked toward the Bell Tower at the entrance of the plaza. The bell tower had a giant clock on it.

The current time was 8:25 am. It was time for the nobles and priests to enter. The knights started to prevent any more citizens from entering to create room for the nobility.

"Let's go."

Cale quietly followed Eric and the others in front of him. He could see all of the people in the plaza as he got closer.

'Haaa. There's a lot.'

The Plaza of Glory was incredibly large, but not yet filled completely, and the fact that the crown was limiting the number of people helped out as well. In response, some people were in shops near the plaza and roofs of buildings nearby to try to get a glimpse of the king's celebration.

"Young master Cale, is this your first time at the Plaza of Glory?"

Cale leisurely nodded his head at Gilbert's question.

"Yes. This is my first time seeing all of it."

Cale looked around the plaza as he said that. His eyes eventually landed back on the Bell Tower clock. It read 8:30 am.

"We are opening up a path now."

The knights closed up all entrances to allow the nobles to enter. At the same time, Cale calculated the amount of time he had to stay here.

No matter the answer he got, it still felt like too much.

"Everybody please take a seat over here."

The seats were arranged with everyone's names posted in specific seats. The king and the royal family were not at the plaza just yet. Even the crown prince, who came with the nobles, was not out yet.

Cale arrived at his seat, and started to frown.

There were no wine bottles set out early like last time. Did they do this on purpose? His table seemed to be the only one without alcohol.

Clicking his tongue, Cale sat down next to Eric, and looked down at the people below the platform. He then glanced toward the Bell Tower once again.

For some reason his anxiety was running wilder than usual. He needed to cool off until the royals arrived, otherwise he might attract unwanted attention. His method was zoning out.

The highest spot was the top of the Bell Tower. Cale blankly continued to stare at that spot.

...

The current time was 8:40 am. Cale turned to his left after hearing Eric's voice.

"Cale. Be still. Okay?"

"Hyung-nim."

Eric became nervous after hearing the tone Cale used to call out to him. Cale, who used to enjoy wearing fancy clothes and showing off, was suddenly only wearing simple clothes, and had a completely different demeanor about him.